The "I Give Up" iPod Support Thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

The "I Give Up" iPod Support Thread

Post by BladeFist87 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:11 pm

Help me...I cannot get my ipod to update or format itself....the updater is haywire and just crashes everytime i open it...anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it????

/whining

PS...OS is Windows XP Home (I know...i get my mac for graduation...)

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:26 am

Well, first of all, we need to know what actually happens when you try to update. What happens? You plug it into your PC, open iTunes, etc. When does it react negatively? Do you get any error messages?
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:12 am

Ive got an idea.........don't waist 350 dollars on a piece of crap because it's "cool". There's so much better stuff out there.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:03 am

THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING!

seriously, really, your post was so helpful and accelerated the human race towards supreme evolution at blinding speeds!!

so what happens when you actually use the ipod part? does it turn on? play? have a sick apple? on windows do you recieve any stop codes?
insert code compile execute return

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:40 am

Potter wrote:Ive got an idea.........don't waist 350 dollars on a piece of crap because it's "cool". There's so much better stuff out there.
Actually, iPods are really top quality. That's why so many people think they're "cool."

If your iPod doesn't go to the 'do not disconnect' screen when you connect it to your comptuer, try resetting your iPod (switch hold on, then switch it off, then hold the menu and middle button, I think). That happened to me one time.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:29 pm

I read blade's post again. You should also try uninstalling and reinstalling the iPod Updater, and possibly iTunes if that doesn't work.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:12 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:
Potter wrote:Ive got an idea.........don't waist 350 dollars on a piece of crap because it's "cool". There's so much better stuff out there.
Actually, iPods are really top quality. That's why so many people think they're "cool."
Exactly. Ipods rocks, but only really necessary if you have lots of musics.

Why must you always do that Potter?

BladeFist87
Standard
Standard

Post by BladeFist87 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:01 pm

Mwhaha....i fixed my problem...took it to teh Apple Store...its actaully a faulty connecter and they are getting me a new one...sweet...oh and thanks for the help potter, you will be happy to know that its nice to have a 20gb hard drive on me for my music collection so I dont have to spend the money on burnable CDs that get scratched up...that my friend is whats so "cool" about it

And the answer is: Yes, I did in fact, jack this idea from OrangeLounger. Booya.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:21 am

I must always do that because Ipods are ghey. There way to expensive for the poor quality and low functionality pieces of plastic that they are. YEs they are poor quality. About 3/4 of my friends with ipods complain about them not working all the time. like for instance my friend dropped his from about 3 feet onto CARPET and the screen broke. And I hate them because the only reason ppl buy them is to get the "popular" thing and don't actually look into what there buying. For example - http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/produc ... id=4020100
That has 60 gigs of storage, a fm radio, can broadcast to radio, plays more formats than the ipod, and has a built in microphone......all for the same price as the "cool" ipod. or you can get the 20 gig version for as much as the 4 gig ipod. THINK BEFORE YOU BUY.

kthxbai
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:32 am

I hate to sound shallow or anything, but I like cool looking things. Style is a rather important thing to me. iPods are cool looking. When something is cool looking, it sells. Plus, why would I need 60 gig? 20 gig is pushin' it as it is.

If you don't like the iPod, that's cool. But there's no use railing against it, because it's fans are legion, and after the day is done, it feels pretty lame to squabble over a peice of electronics, ya know?
Signatures sure are awesome.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:28 pm

Potter wrote:worthless fodder
the reason people buy ipods is because of many things:
1: apple name. you know with an apple product it has to go through lots of testing. in the last 10 years, the amount of sucess stories for apple far outshine the amount of dismial failures in terms of product sales.

2: apple warranty. NOTHING beats applecare warranty. that's about all you can say on that.

3: most people could really give a shit what they're playing their mp3s on, they just want a medium. the average person could really care less if their handheld mp3 player has a color screen to display pictures and movies on a 3" lcd.

and this is a thread about HELPING someone that owns an ipod, not someone contemplating buying one. Instead of littering a thread with worthless information that has no point to the thread at all just don't post.

edit: also, that product isn't even mac compatable. so what then bucko? and, it's substancially larger than an ipod. A lot of people purchase an ipod mini because of the size of it and the fact that it is lightweight. Yes, others exist but these other companies have their own manufacturing rules and some of them (I AM LOOKING AT YOU ARCHOS) cheap out hard fucking core and deliver products that barely outlive their warranty.
insert code compile execute return

Ryan Dognaux
Standard
Standard

Post by Ryan Dognaux » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:59 pm

Potter wrote:About 3/4 of my friends with ipods complain about them not working all the time.
Well they're morons for not getting them fixed. Your iPod is under warranty after you first buy it, and even if it's not, you can still get it fixed if it's messed up for a limited price.

And how is it apple's fault that they drop it? They should take better care of their shit.
Ryan Dognaux
My Life

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:47 pm

Ryan Dognaux wrote:
Potter wrote:About 3/4 of my friends with ipods complain about them not working all the time.
Well they're morons for not getting them fixed. Your iPod is under warranty after you first buy it, and even if it's not, you can still get it fixed if it's messed up for a limited price.

And how is it apple's fault that they drop it? They should take better care of their shit.
Pwned.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Potter wrote: And I hate them because the only reason ppl buy them is to get the "popular" thing and don't actually look into what there buying. For example - http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/produc ... id=4020100
kthxbai
Uhh dude, that thing is huge. It's like the size of one of those old Gameboys.
Height: 5.3" (13.4 cm)

Width: 3.1" (7.8 cm)

Depth: 1.3" (3.3 cm)

Weight: 9.4oz. (266 g)

That wouldn't even fit in my pocket. I'd pay the extra money for something more portable, and something that dosen't look like ass.

I will give it props for the built in FM broadcatser, thats pretty nice. But who really needs a voice recorder? And the reason I bought an iPod was so I didn't have to listen to radio.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:20 am

Potter wrote:I must always do that because Ipods are ghey. There way to expensive for the poor quality and low functionality pieces of plastic that they are. YEs they are poor quality. About 3/4 of my friends with ipods complain about them not working all the time. like for instance my friend dropped his from about 3 feet onto CARPET and the screen broke. And I hate them because the only reason ppl buy them is to get the "popular" thing and don't actually look into what there buying. For example - http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/produc ... id=4020100
That has 60 gigs of storage, a fm radio, can broadcast to radio, plays more formats than the ipod, and has a built in microphone......all for the same price as the "cool" ipod. or you can get the 20 gig version for as much as the 4 gig ipod. THINK BEFORE YOU BUY.

kthxbai
Stop being a whiny bitch just because your mommy or daddy won't buy you an iPod.