The "I Give Up" iPod Support Thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

EndlessColumn
Light
Light

Post by EndlessColumn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:44 pm

The ipods my friends have are all still working, as the other mp3 players they've gotten have long since crapped out, mostly due to really shitty design. Ipods have a really sleek design that fits well into pockets and such, as already stated. And their lack of big fat buttons that stick out is also very helpful in preventing breakage (a friend of mine had a Rio Karma that had a big wheel in the corner that broke off within his first few months of owning it).

I'd personally not invest in any of them because I listen to music almost exclusively in my car, and then I'd have to buy a whole new stereo just so I could plug the damn thing in.

edit- I CAN'T SPELL WORTH ANYTHING

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:01 pm

EndlessColumn wrote: I'd personally not invest in any of them because I listen to music almost exclusively in my car, and then I'd have to buy a whole new stereo just so I could plug the damn thing in.

edit- I CAN'T SPELL WORTH ANYTHING
You can buy a tape adaptor or an FM transmitter if you live in a somewhat FM band clear area. You don't absolutely need a Line-In.

I love my iRiver H320. It's magically delicious.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

EndlessColumn
Light
Light

Post by EndlessColumn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:22 pm

Well, my stereo only has a CD player, and I've had mixed results with FM transmitters in the past, very fuzzy reception. And yeah, iRivers seem like they're the best out of the non-ipods to me.