The idea for a big get together

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

The idea for a big get together

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 1:20 pm

Well, In some other threads people have been throwing around some ideas for a Indyddr-wide get together. I say this would be a great idea to get everyone together without necisarily the ddr aspect. Kindof of liek the camping trip and the park get to gether, except with all the groups.( ft wayne, bloomy, etc) I have no idea what this should be But I say we should start maybe getting some ideas going so maybe this thing could actually happen. A big gettogether would be awsome. And maybe this time have it in the middle of everywhere so its not a 10 minute drive for some and a 3 hour drive for others. Or maybe Im just crazy. Anybody agree or disagree? ideas? furshizznit
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue May 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Im tempted to say just keep it in Indy, since Indy is in the middle of the state. As much as I would love to tell you about a secret location where some everyone just has to drive 30mins to get there and no one will have to drive 1329487 hours to get there, but such location doesnt exsist.

My vote go towards Eagle Creek or Holiday Park.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 1:27 pm

kk, I know what you mean, but it just seems like everything is always in indy. And then alot less people will come from out of town. or not? idk

and isnt eagle creak the place we went were we played volleyball and frisbee? ir was that somewhere else
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Well, isn't there pretty much nobody on this site that lives south of Bloomington? So, central for this site would be a little ways north of Indy (plus that would make it better for all the Fort Wayne/S. Bend ppl).

-Dan

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 3:14 pm

I think MonMotha, Big-O and everyone from Louisville would have an objection to that statement.

But quantia aside, how would we have a gathering "a little north of Indy"? The north side or Carmel I can see, because we do have LaserFlash and some other places there, but north of Indy there's nothing even vaguely DDRish until you get to Kokomo.

And no, we are NOT having the gathering in Kokomo. Just... no.

I vote for Carmel.

Edit: fixed erroneous naming... *sigh*
Last edited by Arka on Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Approx. how many hours drive would you say Carmel was from Fort Wayne? Cuz I would prolly have a hard enough time persuading my dad to let me go if it was here, but if it's too far...

-Dan

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue May 23, 2006 3:16 pm

dance1005 wrote:Approx. how many hours drive would you say Carmel was from Fort Wayne? Cuz I would prolly have a hard enough time persuading my dad to let me go if it was here, but if it's too far...

-Dan
Over an hour.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:17 pm

But under 2?

-Dan

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 3:19 pm

70-80 minutes, IIRC. Of course, traffic conditions may invalidate that estimate somewhat.

You can always snag a ride with one of the other Ft. Wayners, if the issue is your father not wanting to drive you there. If it's just that he doesn't want you an hour from home for part of a day... well... wish there were something I could do for overprotective, sorry. :( :wink:

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm

carmel would be tight, HOMETOWN LIEK WUT TO BAD THIS PLACE IS HOMO

anyway I said it should be something without ddr hence no laserflash. Even if it was ddr laserflah would be the last place i go

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm

Lol overprotective=huge understatement. Getting a ride would probably make him freak out...for some reason he thinks pretty much all people who play/are good at DDR are weird and why should I be hanging out with a bunch of 20-year-olds and all sorts of shit like that. Like, seriously, he'll look at some of the people at the arcade and be talk about what losers they are and how they're probably failing in school (cuz that's the most important thing that you should judge everybody by)...just by LOOKING at them. Lol what's funny is that after he actually stays at the arcade for 5 minutes and hears me talking to em, he's like he's probably not THAT retarded...sometimes my dad's such a huge hypocrite, you should see some of his friends...

-Dan

EDIT: And potter, just cuz it's not centered about DDR doesn't mean we can't include DDR in there somewhere...I mean this IS IndyDDR...

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue May 23, 2006 3:37 pm

If it's in Carmel, and people come from across the state, I'm sure there would be some who would like to try out the Dedicab at Laser Flash, even if there's nothing else worthwhile there. Anyway, I'd deffinately go if it was held here in Carmel.

Now, the big question is where would you hold such a gathering? You'd have to have a fairly good sized area and/or house if you're expecting a lot of people to show up.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 3:38 pm

Potter: I definitely agree with you that it shouldn't be DDR-ONLY, but I do think we should have a machine in reasonably close proximity for those who want to show off freestyles/compare scores/do other DDRish stuff.

dance1005: Hmm, empathy - I remember what that was like. (Not with DDR - it wasn't around yet - but certainly with other things.) I love the way parents spaz when their kids talk to someone 5 years their senior or 5 years their junior... as though the American educational system doesn't do enough age-segregation as it is.

If I may offer unsolicited advice, try to introduce your parents to at least one DDR friend outside of the context of DDR. If you're allowed to have people visit your house, have them come over once or twice. Once your parents get comfortable with the idea of this person, DDR outings go from "I'm going to the arcade" to "___ and I are going to spend some time together and play DDR." You'd be amazed how much of a difference this can make in someone's attitude.

Anyway, good luck obtaining permission to go.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Arka wrote:Potter: I definitely agree with you that it shouldn't be DDR-ONLY, but I do think we should have a machine in reasonably close proximity for those who want to show off freestyles/compare scores/do other DDRish stuff.

No. Laserflash is not the place to do this if it was the last one on earth. And we wanted to make a get together WITHOUT DDR. what your describing is what the ddrathon is for. you get to to all that and help riley hospital by doing it. The only thign i could see ddr is maybe if it ends upo being a house party or something we could have pads set up. furshizzle

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Tue May 23, 2006 3:48 pm

I like the idea of a non-DDR related get together more. We can always go play DDR if we want. But think of the credit lines. Besides, I nice, fun day at a park would be great.