The idea for a big get together

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 3:52 pm

Potter wrote:
Arka wrote:Potter: I definitely agree with you that it shouldn't be DDR-ONLY, but I do think we should have a machine in reasonably close proximity for those who want to show off freestyles/compare scores/do other DDRish stuff.

No. Laserflash is not the place to do this if it was the last one on earth. And we wanted to make a get together WITHOUT DDR. what your describing is what the ddrathon is for. you get to to all that and help riley hospital by doing it. The only thign i could see ddr is maybe if it ends upo being a house party or something we could have pads set up. furshizzle
Okay, then, it's settled. We'll be meeting in Westfield. :P

Edit: I figure I should probably add something serious here -

LaserFlash didn't seem too bad the last time I was there. Which was last year, so this doesn't necessarily mean much, but...

I assumed that subgroups of people might be splitting off - if we're actually successful in herding 30+ people together for a gathering, we're going to have people with different hobbies and different preferences who want to do different things. If we're talking about just getting together in one place and talking, it can certainly work, but I don't know that the concept of spending several hours in (probably) a fairly small restaurant or gathering area with a zillion other people will appeal to many of us.

Informal poll: large gathering, or large gathering followed by smaller activities?
Last edited by Arka on Tue May 23, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Tue May 23, 2006 3:54 pm

Arka wrote:
Potter wrote:
Arka wrote:Potter: I definitely agree with you that it shouldn't be DDR-ONLY, but I do think we should have a machine in reasonably close proximity for those who want to show off freestyles/compare scores/do other DDRish stuff.

No. Laserflash is not the place to do this if it was the last one on earth. And we wanted to make a get together WITHOUT DDR. what your describing is what the ddrathon is for. you get to to all that and help riley hospital by doing it. The only thign i could see ddr is maybe if it ends upo being a house party or something we could have pads set up. furshizzle
This will sound really stupid, but since I don't know many places in Indiana even though I've lived here for four years. Where's Westfield in relation to Indianapolis/Avon?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Frazzle Dazzle wrote:
Arka wrote:
Potter wrote:

This will sound really stupid, but since I don't know many places in Indiana even though I've lived here for four years. Where's Westfield in relation to Indianapolis/Avon?
It's maybe 30 minutes north of Indy's north side. It was just a convenient name of a lil' city in the middle of nowhere that would probably have nothing for us to do - I wasn't seriously suggesting it.

P.S.: Anyone know of any nice parks in the Carmel area? I should, but I can't really remember that well.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:08 pm

I'd side with the large gathering followed by smaller activities. Because I'd like to meet and get to know the large IndyDDR community, but then everybody could sort of decide what they wanted to do, and maybe we would branch off in different groups, or all decide to do the same thing (like whatever activity, DDR, bowling, COW-TIPPING?!?!).

-Dan

P.S. Joking with the cow-tipping...I'm not a hillbilly.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue May 23, 2006 4:18 pm

Arka wrote:
Potter wrote:

Edit: I figure I should probably add something serious here -

LaserFlash didn't seem too bad the last time I was there. Which was last year, so this doesn't necessarily mean much, but...

I assumed that subgroups of people might be splitting off - if we're actually successful in herding 30+ people together for a gathering, we're going to have people with different hobbies and different preferences who want to do different things. If we're talking about just getting together in one place and talking, it can certainly work, but I don't know that the concept of spending several hours in (probably) a fairly small restaurant or gathering area with a zillion other people will appeal to many of us.

Informal poll: large gathering, or large gathering followed by smaller activities?
Have you EVER cassually hung out with people in your life? this is not a 5 year olds birthday party were we have actyivities planned and little sub activities. If anything this muight turn out to everyone hanging out in apark or something then heading back to someone house for a house party.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:19 pm

Sounds good to me.

-Dan

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm

dance1005 wrote:I'd side with the large gathering followed by smaller activities. Because I'd like to meet and get to know the large IndyDDR community, but then everybody could sort of decide what they wanted to do, and maybe we would branch off in different groups, or all decide to do the same thing (like whatever activity, DDR, bowling, COW-TIPPING?!?!).

-Dan

P.S. Joking with the cow-tipping...I'm not a hillbilly.
IIRC, cow-tipping originated as a prank that hillbillies would play on city slickers - when a new guy moved to a rural area for the first time, he had never worked with livestock or seen them as anything other than scenery as he drove past, so he'd only seen them standing. Given that humans in general are none too bright, it didn't take much ability on the part of the rurals to convince him that "haven't seen it = doesn't exist," and get him to believe that cows can't right themselves when pushed over.

Bowling! Thank you, I knew there was something I hadn't thought of. Yay, bowling.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Tue May 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Arka wrote:I think MonMotha, Big-O and everyone from Louisville would have an objection to that statement.
MonMotha's not from down south... Actually, during the summer (when I'm assuming this would happen to let the college people and schoolkids participate), he's here in central Indiana (Carmel, is memory serves.).

Otherwise, he's in Terrible Hole, which isn't THAT far south (is it? It's been a while since I've been there)

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 23, 2006 7:48 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:
Arka wrote:I think MonMotha, Big-O and everyone from Louisville would have an objection to that statement.
MonMotha's not from down south... Actually, during the summer (when I'm assuming this would happen to let the college people and schoolkids participate), he's here in central Indiana (Carmel, is memory serves.).

Otherwise, he's in Terrible Hole, which isn't THAT far south (is it? It's been a while since I've been there)
True, Terre Haute isn't further south than Bloomington... it's a trivially longer drive from Indy, though, which is why I lumped Monmotha and Big-O in.

Isn't he off with fabulous people in a glamorous place this summer, or something?

If all of the above fail, I can probably ship him to Abu Dhabi. That'll teach him to live above the midline of the state. 8)

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:44 am

so the dates set: tomorrow at my place
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Ottop
Standard
Standard

Post by Ottop » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:48 am

Well, should we be meeting around the Westfield area, we might as well just go to Ho's house in Noblesville. ;O

But honestly, I don't reccomend Westfield. There's not much to do around there really.

-Ottop-
I love everyone and all... but fuck off.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Ho's house would probably be a pretty good idea (if Ho's up for it). So that would be like a what 1 1/2 - 2 hour drive? Maybe I could do that. Depends on when it is, for me it can't be pretty much anytime in July.

-Dan

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:23 pm

i asked him that a while ago and he said no way

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:42 pm

I've actually been thinking that a get together would be a good idea. I would be up for driving people in my car to indy if they split the cost of gas. I can take 4 comfortably, and 6 if two want to ride in my trunk
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:49 pm

well it needs to be more of a house party because ddr thingies are just sooo boring