Rally to help Casey gain 1 more post a day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Rally to help Casey gain 1 more post a day

Post by Pheadra » Sun May 14, 2006 11:16 pm

Yea, you heard me.

I think Casey should...ya know...maybe have the ability to post at least twice a day. He's been doing pretty well IMO.

So post your support and Ho..maybe give him one more post a day ability?

BTW...even posting in this to disagree means you agree with the post. :D
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

O 16581 72452 5
Standard
Standard

Post by O 16581 72452 5 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 pm

Casey gets laid more than any of you.
Last edited by O 16581 72452 5 on Sun May 14, 2006 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun May 14, 2006 11:20 pm

Totally agreed, His posting has much improved and more posts a day would reall yhelp the blandnes of this place. CERTIAN PEOPLE arw bringing it down
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun May 14, 2006 11:28 pm

I think he should have at least beginner's rights. He's been under administrative discipline for a long time now.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 15, 2006 12:09 am

Potter wrote:Totally agreed, His posting has much improved and more posts a day would reall yhelp the blandnes of this place. CERTIAN PEOPLE arw bringing it down
?! Certain people being whom, eh? >_> <_< That oughta take care of the blandness of posts...

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon May 15, 2006 12:23 am

If he posts, I see the post, and I find the post worth... well.... anything, I'll give a good rating which will help boost his overall ranking.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Majin jin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Majin jin » Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 am

casey has been on A.D. for quite some time and i think another chance may be in order. If he does act up he can be placed back on it easly , im guessing. but yeah i haven't posted in forever but i do read up and i think his post are much better then they were 6 months ago.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 am

FLAKK wrote:If he posts, I see the post, and I find the post worth... well.... anything, I'll give a good rating which will help boost his overall ranking.
That would help if he was failed....but he is under A.D. and to my understanding, no matter how many good ratings he gets, he will still be only allowed one post.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon May 15, 2006 12:44 am

But if he posted more than once per day, that would mean he actually cared about IndyDDR which he does his best every post to try and prove he doesn't lol.

But I don't care. Make him a heavy user!!11

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon May 15, 2006 12:50 am

One only needs a single post for all eternity if they are smart. :D

I agree though. Make him a Heavy user. I've seen FAR worse *cough*MAYSVILLE, KY*cough* on http://www.kyddr.net . Those kiddies are post whores, posting meaningless crap all day long.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon May 15, 2006 1:27 am

I dunno, I like having one dependable laugh every day, having him post multiple times would make his comedy more spread out.

But eh, it does seem like he's been under Admin. Discipline for a little long...

Arka
Standard
Standard

I come to bury Caesar...

Post by Arka » Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 am

I too think that Casey should be given more posts per day; I've been impressed with the quality of his recent posts, including this one, where he offers an intelligent critique and in-depth discussion of some newer players.

This is exactly the kind of thing we don't do enough of in IndyDDR; since DDR has become more and more popular as a hobby, we really need to be more assertive in showing new players the ropes. When considering how to deal with would-be members of a formal or informal social group, I often call to mind the immortal example of Tyler Durden, who required would-be recruits to stand on a porch for two days. After considering this, the least we can do to our new members is insult their appearance, personal hygene, playing ability and choice of friends.

I also noticed this one, where he gives an insightful critique of my and Pheadra's breasts. This is even more impressive to me given that he's never met me or had the chance to see my breasts; I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have powers of perception like that, so I'm really interested to see what else he could share with us if given the opportunity.

I also didn't feel that we'd had enough "ugly" discussion in that thread, and while I tried to provide some of that, Casey's insults are definitely more meaningful than my facetious self-deprecation. I think we all know that if there's one thing better than mocking oneself, it's mocking others, with no actual attempt at humor or resemblance to reality.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see that his complements towards Pheadra's various body parts inspired her to take a look at this pressing issue.

Potter: Blandness is definitely bad. I'm fuzzy about the causes of the Great Reset, but it probably had something to do with the discussion on this forum becoming too bland for want of incisive commentary like Casey's.

Casey is also a longstanding member of the IndyDDR community. As long ago as 2000 he was an active part of the Yahoo! group which was this forum's uberpredecessor. In fact, he was responsible for introducing us to the Michigan DDR community.

Green Tea & Majin are right - he's been under administrative discipline for a long time. I think he was first banned from the Yahoo! group in 2001, and he's only continued to suffer discrimination since that time. That's way too long, IMO.

Riot, don't insinuate that Casey doesn't care about IndyDDR. Of course he cares! No one would go to so much trouble to start petty disagreements in a forum they didn't care about, or to personally attack people they completely disregarded. I think I can speak for everyone else in this thread when I say, "Casey, thanks for caring."

So, in summary, Pheadra, I agree with you 102%. :D

P.S.: Flakk, you're absolutely right that there are worse on kyddr.net. And I'd say that if it's good enough for kyddr.net, it's good enough for us, IndyDDR's unique community personality be damned.

(Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one who doesn't take this seriously? :?)

Edit: added another example, because I just couldn't resist.
Last edited by Arka on Mon May 15, 2006 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Mon May 15, 2006 2:22 am

this thread makes me have to shit. bring back Casey. so i don't have to come back. :wink:

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Mon May 15, 2006 2:30 am

dudes i am posting here to say he deserves it back
and as a 4+ year old member of this community

well

yeah i dunno i get some pull here don't I? even though i only get to visit here like once a year? :D haha

Mei-Mei
Standard
Standard

Post by Mei-Mei » Mon May 15, 2006 2:38 am

Sure he cares, why else would he spend his only post for the day focused on you Arka? :lol:

Eh, give him another chance and let the ratings handle it from there.