Rally to help Casey gain 1 more post a day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:03 pm

wtf is eon8
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:39 pm

Scaaaaandolousssss.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:58 pm

go to eon8.com and click on Reveal the Truth (if the website is still up).

It was an internet-wide hoax that had thousands of people fooled.
It was a website with a terrorist organzation looking layout and "Deployment Maps" and a countdown timer to July 1st.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:05 am

Ho wrote:It hurts the community atomosphere
HEY DAN LOOK! A TYPO!!!!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:41 am

blackcat24 wrote:
Ho wrote:It hurts the community atomosphere
HEY DAN LOOK! A TYPO!!!!
Nonsense! It's like the ionosphere, only... less ionized. :wink: 8)
XeroCi wrote:Either way, mainly, it is the immaturity of people not being able to handle some insults that causes disiplinary actions toward Casey. I won't change sides on that. It's not like he threatened to kill anyone... so I, myself, see no harm in him being on IndyDDR.
I can agree with you that there have been many more disturbing posts made on IndyDDR than any single one of his. (Napalm my house, anyone?)

The problem is that the posts you allude to were one-time affairs, which we have no reason to expect will recur, whereas Casey's posts are an ongoing saga. No, they wouldn't be a problem if people would simply ignore him and move on (not, BTW, something you tend to do that I've seen), but he makes them specifically because there are people who won't do so, people that he can manipulate into starting a flame war. It is Casey's refusal to quit playing with these people that causes disciplinary actions toward Casey - not, as you claim, their immaturity.

I really don't think it would be a problem if he would direct his insults to people like me, Ho, OS and others who wouldn't take them seriously and who would generally avoid converting threads to sophisticated intellectual debates over whether ____ suXXors. Nor would it be (as much of) a problem if he limited his posts to threads without important topics, such as the Random Thoughts thread or similar, so that we wouldn't have to step over a foot of flung mud every time we wanted to see who was coming to the Mishawaka tournament, etc.

As it is, though, he self-consciously causes a serious disruption.

Look at it this way: if I were to go outside right now, get in my car and start driving on the wrong side of the highway, I would cause problems. Sure, we'd all be fine if people would just note that I was on the left side instead of the right and avoid me accordingly, but some people might not have the wisdom or presence of mind to do that. If I got into a head-on collision with one of said people, it would be my fault. Why? Either of us could have prevented the accident.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:07 am

I will agree with the fact the before the DDRKokomo tournament, his insults and his actions bothered me, because I learned to ignore stuff through that topic about the June 8th Tournament.
Recently, I've just seen Casey through a different perspective. And it just seems, just my opinion and all (which is probably reverse of all logic), overreacting to do a banning. Then again, I'm not around to see a lot of stuff happen, so who knows.

BTW - nice analogy. You have a lot of creativity. That was a nice way to put it. So there isn't much left to say now.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Ottop
Standard
Standard

Post by Ottop » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:09 am

bump.

Casey is my god. ;OO
I love everyone and all... but fuck off.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:42 am

Ottop wrote:bump.

Casey is my god. ;OO
Bump of 7 hours and 2 minutes? I wouldn't necessarily call that a bump...

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:49 pm

What Im wondering is why this thing was bumped in the first place :shock:
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:26 pm

cuz casey got banned
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:25 am

Potter wrote:cuz casey got banned
Whaaaaat!?

I'm just now seeing this. Was there a reason?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:30 am

well he was makng posts in the megaplay tourney thrwead, he made another one and guess it was just the last straw for ho

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 am

posting on the internet is a lot like building those god damn barbie houses for little princesses

if you don't read the rules/manual you're going to break something...ho stated in the thread that there was to be no more fighting...sucks that casey can't open his eyes. perhaps he should cut his myspace hair some so he can see better :lol:
insert code compile execute return

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Potter wrote:cuz casey got banned
.....oooooooooooooh!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image