Rally to help Casey gain 1 more post a day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon May 15, 2006 2:38 am

I don't want this site to fall to the level of KyDDR.net. But COME ON, it's the INTERNET. If you take things said on here (by anyone) that seriously, you have worse issues.

Give him the Heavy status he deserves.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Fujiwara Bunta
Standard
Standard

Post by Fujiwara Bunta » Mon May 15, 2006 2:39 am

Mei-Mei wrote:Sure he cares, why else would he spend his only post for the day focused on you Arka? :lol:

Eh, give him another chance and let the ratings handle it from there.

oooh, i just keep seeing you everywhere. :oops:

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Mon May 15, 2006 2:45 am

Mei-Mei wrote:Sure he cares, why else would he spend his only post for the day focused on you Arka? :lol:

Eh, give him another chance and let the ratings handle it from there.
FLAKK wrote:If he posts, I see the post, and I find the post worth... well.... anything, I'll give a good rating which will help boost his overall ranking.
Thats because if Ho allowed it to go by the rating system, then Casey would easily be a Standard member, if not a Heavy. Check his posts, most are infact A's or higher.

But who knows, maybe I'm just biased.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Mon May 15, 2006 5:22 am

Eh, I don't post here anymore. Why the hell not.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 5:57 am

The fact that Casey exists on this forum at all is already a concession of sorts. He has been disciplined and banned more times than IndyDDR has had years of existence.

I have no personal quarrel with him, but his overall effect on this community has been consistently destructive. And while some, including myself, understand or even appreciate his biting brand of humor, others simply do not and it tends to cause problems that I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with.

He gets one post. Sometimes he uses it well. Often, he doesn't. I do not have confidence that he is any less inclined to the latter than he has ever been. No amount of petitioning can make up for the choices he makes all on his own.

And one final point of note, in the absence of AD, his current rank would be Standard--mostly due to behavior similar to Flakk's in that he often has marginal, incidental, or simply not negative posts rated up by people hoping to have an effect on his rating. But even in spite of all those, there is enough negative history there to offset an uprank to Heavy.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 am

Yea thats why I would want him to have two posts. Im not asking for heavy or standard status like the others.

Most of the oldies often get Casey's humor, and while it can be harsh, its Casey and we cant make him change who he is. Just like I cant make other people on this forum be less annoying and retarded (Im not naming names and Im not insinuating anyone). But since Casey has a brash sense of humor and speaks agains the popular views, he has to be on A.D. and one post forever? Seems pretty unfair. Although I know life isn't fair, still, its one more post.

And also Arka, stop bringing up my boobs. Yes he made a comment about my breasts....and he has seen a majority of them. And no offence I am almost 100% certain he would much rather see mine on a monthly basis then yours. You also seem to be the only one that had a problem with him bringing up my boobs. Casey and I are friends, I dont care if he does or not. So save yourself the energy and stop getting offended by it for me.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 9:29 am

Pheadra wrote:Most of the oldies often get Casey's humor, and while it can be harsh, its Casey and we cant make him change who he is. Just like I cant make other people on this forum be less annoying and retarded (Im not naming names and Im not insinuating anyone). But since Casey has a brash sense of humor and speaks agains the popular views, he has to be on A.D. and one post forever? Seems pretty unfair. Although I know life isn't fair, still, its one more post.
My point is simply that he's had more chances than I have fingers. The old saying goes, "Give him an inch and he'll take a mile." Each time he has proven to do just that, so I'm not really inclined to giving him more than I already have.

Like I said...personally, I don't really mind. But the effect that he has proven to have on this community as a whole has been historically negative and caused me to exert more effort than I care to on a volunteer basis. His actions have spoken--and continue to speak--far louder than this campaign.

Although I do agree that more people now than in the past seem to understand his ways and respond accordingly. Though the fact that one post per day limits the number of people he can test that theory on could be a contributing factor.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon May 15, 2006 10:10 am

as much as i like casey i'd have to agree with ho

do you not remember how he'd register random accounts just to 'flame fatties' or 'insult noobs'?

he's hilarious and his zings are always fresh out of the box but he doesn't know when enough is enough. he used to pride himself on being the most hated member of the indyddr community.
insert code compile execute return

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Mon May 15, 2006 10:13 am

LOL. And at times, still does.

I could care less. Do what ya want. :?
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Mon May 15, 2006 11:27 am

I really don't give a shit whether he comes back or not. He makes one post a day...woo hoo.
Now I'm positive that there are going to more people that hate me, but I'm going to just say that I'm freely expressing my opinion.

I never really liked the kid.
Don't care if he "get's laid" I'm 15 years old.

Who cares?!?????

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 pm

I think I'm calmly and silently going to plead the fifth on this subject.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon May 15, 2006 3:51 pm

hey arka take off the serious pants
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon May 15, 2006 3:59 pm

This post brought back all the cool people :shock:
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon May 15, 2006 5:00 pm

What about hazing? If we gave him the whole "three trials" thing...

I demand he bring back the head of JSB.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Mon May 15, 2006 5:23 pm

I wouldn't mind Casey getting two posts a day.

But no more than three. :P