The Mandatory 'Post your Desktop' Thread

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Good Idea?

Yeah, this thread will die off soon enough anyways.
20%
No, no one cares about your desktop.
29%
D35K70PZ?!?!?!ONEONEOENELEVENTYMILLION
51%

Total votes: 41

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:45 pm

Riot wrote:Everybody comment on how cool mine is so my e-feelings can rise.
omgz ur desktop iz so kewl! you must be an awesome person.... too bad I know that's not really true, but on the internet you can be cool! That's what I do...
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:17 pm

Green Tea wrote:
Riot wrote:Everybody comment on how cool mine is so my e-feelings can rise.
omgz ur desktop iz so kewl! you must be an awesome person.... too bad I know that's not really true, but on the internet you can be cool! That's what I do...
I went to the Trumpet lunch and LC told everyone about why he throws rocks at people if they're wrong. He's such a gentle fellow. I was also reminded of last year when my Mom was talking to Jeane and she told her I thought she was hot.....

ManicWiggy
Light
Light

Post by ManicWiggy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:47 pm

Here's this weeks!!!

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:39 pm

^_^

should i put 8x AA and AF on? O-o

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:11 pm

osx on x86? i think so! :o

my new mobo & cpu come hopefully weds so i'll be usin osx then
insert code compile execute return

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:15 pm

sam wrote:osx on x86? i think so! :o

my new mobo & cpu come hopefully weds so i'll be usin osx then
whole words please O-o?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:52 pm

Apple's osx for x86 devkit has been cracked so you don't need the TPM to use it. It works on cpus that have the SSE3 instruction set and BARELY on SSE2 only cpus (read, no rosetta so no ppc apps, no itunes, safari crashes randomly etc etc etc) and needs the intel 900 series onboard gfx card like on the devkit boxes to be able to use quartz extreme. Every other videocard uses vesa gfx. My xeon 2ghz server failed at booting it because who knows. But I said once OSX would be able to be run on a standard intel pc I'd upgrade to whatever was needed. Well, I found a mobo that has the chipset the devkit uses and both agp & pci-e gfx slots as well as SATA & IDE. Also, it is fully compatible with the os so it'd be the best cantidate for the retail version whenever it is able to be run on non-apple boxes.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:26 am

thats awsome but im not a big apple fan. i am intriged however for i was informed there great for hax and of course common scense should have most people that use computers that apple has less issuses security-wise

uhpotter
Standard
Standard

Post by uhpotter » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:59 am

Yay my desktop wins...

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:48 am

seveneleven wrote:thats awsome but im not a big apple fan. i am intriged however for i was informed there great for hax and of course common scense should have most people that use computers that apple has less issuses security-wise
Then again, if you have some common sense you shouldn't have much trouble with Windows security-wise. I run Windows on my computer 24-7 with a persistent internet connection, on a local college network that has thousands of infected PCs on it no doubt, and I have had zero security problems for years now.

And potter, if you believe your desktop wins then let me critique:
  • The gradients on your Start button don't match up with the taskbar. This is obviously due to your double-sizing of the taskbar, but a theme without this problem must be used before you can "win"
  • You have the same shortcut in both your quicklaunch and the desktop. This is one more reason to not win.
  • You have far too many desktop icons. That is unacceptable.
  • The icons for My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin all have nothing to do with what they lead to. That is not allowed in winning entries. Also you replaced the default icons with ones that suck, even if they somehow represented what they're shortcuts to.
  • You have the system tray on autohide, so I can't tell if you have a bajillion useless programs running. You get a half a point taken off for needing autohide.
  • You have Spybot and Ad-Aware installed. This means that while you may be taking steps to combat spyware, you still aren't at the level where you don't get it at all. You're in the transitional period, so come back when you gain some more computer knowledge and no longer need them.
  • You're running Whatpulse so you can show off how much you type and click to other internet users. Sorry, but no matter how much you type and click your real-life penis is still small.
  • Your wallpaper looks like a bunch of sperm trying to fertilize an egg; this is the only redeeming quality of your desktop.
In other words no, you do not win.

SirPhobos
Standard
Standard

Post by SirPhobos » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:18 pm

guess it's time to update then...

I got my propaganda, I got revisionism.
I got my violence in high-def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:37 pm

I need some new icons
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:39 pm

someone obviously doesn't understand how to use their tampon

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:31 pm

LikeableRodent wrote:
seveneleven wrote:thats awsome but im not a big apple fan. i am intriged however for i was informed there great for hax and of course common scense should have most people that use computers that apple has less issuses security-wise
Then again, if you have some common sense you shouldn't have much trouble with Windows security-wise. I run Windows on my computer 24-7 with a persistent internet connection, on a local college network that has thousands of infected PCs on it no doubt, and I have had zero security problems for years now.

And potter, if you believe your desktop wins then let me critique:
  • The gradients on your Start button don't match up with the taskbar. This is obviously due to your double-sizing of the taskbar, but a theme without this problem must be used before you can "win"
  • You have the same shortcut in both your quicklaunch and the desktop. This is one more reason to not win.
  • You have far too many desktop icons. That is unacceptable.
  • The icons for My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Recycle Bin all have nothing to do with what they lead to. That is not allowed in winning entries. Also you replaced the default icons with ones that suck, even if they somehow represented what they're shortcuts to.
  • You have the system tray on autohide, so I can't tell if you have a bajillion useless programs running. You get a half a point taken off for needing autohide.
  • You have Spybot and Ad-Aware installed. This means that while you may be taking steps to combat spyware, you still aren't at the level where you don't get it at all. You're in the transitional period, so come back when you gain some more computer knowledge and no longer need them.
  • You're running Whatpulse so you can show off how much you type and click to other internet users. Sorry, but no matter how much you type and click your real-life penis is still small.
  • Your wallpaper looks like a bunch of sperm trying to fertilize an egg; this is the only redeeming quality of your desktop.
In other words no, you do not win.
Adding a couple here:
  • You use BitComet which is a fairly inferior bittorrent program
  • You probably use public trackers, which will lead to many problems!.
  • On the top shelf of your computer desk you have an old disk of Windows ME... shame on you (ok I'm just guessing here)

and are you on resnet? or are you off campus?

I get resnet again in 5 days :D.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:37 pm

torrents in general are for morons.