Fuck Bush.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Jinchuu
Standard
Standard

Post by Jinchuu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:55 pm

Except there's no chance of a third-party candidate ever winning since politics is all about republicans or democrats. If one of us were to run, we'd need millions of dollars to do so and probably could not get on all of the states ballots without the backing of one of the two major parties.

I voted for Badnarik in 2004, because I felt he would best represent the way I feel about issues, even if he didn't stand a chance of winning. One of my friends gave me crap for not voting for Kerry, saying I should've voted for him just to get Bush out of office. That's a bunch of crap to me.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:46 pm

dont look at me...nader for life
insert code compile execute return

classic candy
Standard
Standard

Post by classic candy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:28 pm

There's also the fact that none of us are nowhere near old enough to run for president.. I believe you have to be like.. 40 something..

I couldn't vote last election.. was 16.. but I certainly wouldn't have voted for Kerry.. Kerry was out and out frightening.. Better the bitch who's bite you know... I think Bush has made a lot of mistakes, but you must err to see the wrong.. I truly don't hate Bush.. I extremely dislike some of the things he's done, but you also have to keep in mind that the president doesn't have complete power. Everything he recommends must go through the House and the Senate as well, so if you hate Bush, you also have to hate the House and the Senate. Bush can't pass a law all by his little ol' self.

My two cents on the political issues..

P.S. Bets on Iran being the next target for war?

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:09 pm

what? no.

9/11 commander in chief powers

he's abusing them.

read his speech over again you didn't understand it. he doesn't CARE what the house and senate have to say, he's doing what he feels is necessary for our nation's security. As in, going around them. You're perfectly fine knowing there's a secret court with a secret judge that can convict you of anything at any time and you can't even fight your case?

Sounds like a great place to be in to me.

classic candy
Standard
Standard

Post by classic candy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:37 pm

That's not what I meant.

Obviously, that's a bad thing. I was talking about in the normal course of government. Some people hate Bush for every thing he does. I agree with you that some of it is very very bad, and he IS misusing his powers. But some things people hate him for aren't JUST HIS fault.. That's more along the lines of what I was talking about. I should have clarified it a little better.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:25 pm

I love it how people refuse to believe that we had a "bad" president before Bush.

You'll have the good times and the bad times. And the last thing that makes the bad times better is ALL THE FUCKING BITCHING PEOPLE DO.

I'm not saying he's right, and I'm not saying he's wrong. Nor am I saying that any of you are right or wrong.

But when will people learn to turn the other cheek and get on with their lives? Complaining helps...oh yeah, that's right...nothing.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:45 pm

Oh, we've had bad presidents before... But what irks me is no one in power is really standing up to counter any of the wrongs he's doing. Hell, when clinton got a damn BJ everyone wanted to impeach him! But when Bush gets thousands of people killed for a war based on planted/faulty intelligence, people just want him to keep right on truckin'?
Political parties are too damn concerned about playing games with each other to actually give a damn about running the country properly. Of course, the democrats are gonna let Bush run his course, since his approval rating keeps falling further and further down the pipes...perhaps they believe that when it comes time for another election, they'll have that much of a greater chance of siezing back power.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:05 pm

Remember how I hate politics?

Sure 'nuff 'n yes I do.
Signatures sure are awesome.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:26 pm

Has the electoral college ever voted for somebody not from the democratic or republican parties? I don't recall them ever doing it in the past and it is highly unlikely for them to do it in the future, even when both of the major candidates are idiots. I'm pretty left; I personally don't like Bush or Kerry, so of course my opinion is biased.
I thought a lot of people would be getting out to vote this year with all of the advertisments and the "vote or die" campaign(some of spokespeople didn't even vote) but apparently a lot of people didn't. America is just too fucking fat and lazy, I hate it. People are starting to bring back servants because they can't do the work themselves. Hell, I even saw a refridgerator at Fry's that had a television on the door! Good idea, now we don't have to move to grab another gallon of ice cream and eat eat eat before we play videogames simulating sports that we no longer play in real life and then go sleep in our space technology beds because we "can't sleep" and then pop pills for every symptom we think we have. Then we wake up and hop in our Hummers to make a run to the store, then blow 100 dollars on a tank of gas. I know this may not be realistic to you, but there are people out there that do this. All my brother does is play runescape all day, stuffing his face whenever he feels "hungry," and then going to sleep at the end of the day only to repeat the process. I know I might be viewed as an asshole, but there's no avoiding the truth. Everybody is sheltered, if I bring up the truth I'll get yelled at for being mean.
Toughen up, wimps.

I know everyone is going to suggest that I leave the states, well to that I will say that I have planned on it already. Right now there is no way I am going to be able to, so you'll have to put up with me for a while. There's a lot of things about my life I'd like to change but can't, I'm not exactly getting to make my own decisions here. Simply put, my family sucks. I know that I'm better off than a lot of kids who get abused, and I feel for them too. I'd rather let them have my family than have them go through what they do anyday. I'm sorry, the world is messed up, and the more I think about it the more nihilistic I get. It's not like we got that long to live anyway. Our president is messing up the planet, and everyone has nukes stacked sky high with their finger on the trigger ready to go at any moment. [/rant]
FLAKK wrote:... yet you don't vote so your opinion on who's in office right now doesn't mean a damn thing and WON'T be recognized by people like me who DID vote (if your not of age to vote, ignore this).
You have the right to ignore these people, but that doesn't mean that they can't voice their opinion.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:08 pm

I just hate the ones that say "derka derka would do better in office. why isn't HE there? derka derka..." When I ask if they voted, a few said they did not. I will recognize the opinion of those that voted for something, anything. The ones that did not vote at all shouldn't be running their mouths about the president and who would be better. They threw that out the window on election day. They made the vote of "I don't give a shit."
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:11 am

FLAKK wrote:I just hate the ones that say "derka derka would do better in office. why isn't HE there? derka derka..." When I ask if they voted, a few said they did not. I will recognize the opinion of those that voted for something, anything. The ones that did not vote at all shouldn't be running their mouths about the president and who would be better. They threw that out the window on election day. They made the vote of "I don't give a shit."
I agree with this, but those who are still complaining about the gore election seriously need to grow up. Just because the old people in florida can't figure out how to read shouldn't be a huge consideration. I think stupid people should not be allowed to vote... if they cannot figure out the stupid butterfly ballot, then they lose! good day sirs! Anyways off with the hanging chads and dimples.

anyways...

When you don't vote, you are not allowed to complain about the president. And seriously... we could have Hoover as president? and those who say Bush is worse than hoover have no idea what they're talking about.

When Hoover ran for reelection, he only had 6 states in the electoral college vote for him. Now... obviously he cannot be the worst president if over half the people in the US think he's doing alright. The other half generally tend to not listen to both sides of an argument and have their minds set in such a way that they could never change...

I will dispel a stupid argument right now... war for oil..

Top 5 Countries we import oil from in 2005 (in order from greatest to least):
1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia (not iraq. same area (for those who don't know this))
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria

Where is iraq? well let's get some more numbers
on average we import 9380 thousand barrels of oil a day.
only 534 thousand come from iraq.. that's 6% of all imports.
the top five all have over a thousand every day. Canada topping it at 1,608.

So why isn't Bush invading Canada?

I don't know why this thread was started and I wish it didn't, I hate listening to people whine about stuff and don't listen to both sides. Now please let's not have this just turn into a complete brawl.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:17 am

if that's the case, then how come when iraq stops oil production the prices in the states ALWAYS go up? Technically it shouldn't affect us at all yet it does every time. You cannot say this Iraq invasion was over WMDs, that's insane. It's exactly like the contra affair and every other group we've overthrown. We overthrow/help out a terrible government, train their people and then they turn around and start waging war against us.

brilliant!

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:51 pm

sam wrote:if that's the case, then how come when iraq stops oil production the prices in the states ALWAYS go up? Technically it shouldn't affect us at all yet it does every time. You cannot say this Iraq invasion was over WMDs, that's insane. It's exactly like the contra affair and every other group we've overthrown. We overthrow/help out a terrible government, train their people and then they turn around and start waging war against us.

brilliant!
It is gas stations playing on the gullability of citizens, that is why some gas stations got in mondo trouble for jacking prices up to $5 right after 9/11. And that's also why gas prices tend to be higher during times of more travel (thanksgiving and christmas for example). I'm never said that the iraq invasion was solely over WMDs, but first off, it's not Bush's fault, it's the CIA who can't analyze a satellite photo.
And countries we bring up from dust and help out fluorish take Germany and Japan for example. After WWI Germany was in a major depression, Hitler came out and said he'd help them all, and he did. He worked wonders for the people and was a good leader. However when he started taking over all of Europe in the name of Germany, he was subdued and germany started falling into another depression, having war fines still from WWI and now from WWII, The US helped rebuild them and now they are an amazing country, but they don't try to wage war on us.

Japan was extremely underdeveloped during WWII, after the war, we helped rebuild them and now they are one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world, and they sell dirty panties out of vending machines.... well it could be worse :D.

But I can't think of times where we have seriously hurt a country in the end. Take a look at South Korea, who was almost completely destroyed by North Korea... Now... I hate the fact that we butted in and I hate even more that we started taking North Korea's land. But, South Korea is not a horrible place now, and they do not hate us.

Granted these were only three I could think of at the moment :D throw any others in if you think of any, my brain is tired :lol: .
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

IHatePeople
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Fuck Bush.

Post by IHatePeople » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:22 am

sam wrote:I'd say more but I'd probably be deported as a terrorist.
Your good as long as you dont talk on the phone.

WIRE TAPS

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Re: Fuck Bush.

Post by Original Sin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:35 am

IHatePeople wrote:
sam wrote:I'd say more but I'd probably be deported as a terrorist.
Your good as long as you dont talk on the phone.

WIRE TAPS
Don't worry sam, if you disappear we'll all know what happened, and we've all heard it. So they'd have to take us ALL out...and well, they're welcome to try. For anyone who try's to fuck with my civil liberties, I've got a .45 and a .223 with their name on it.

That's right you political fucks, I'm still an American, and I'll defend my American way of life against all threats....Foreign AND domestic. And right now, the biggest threat to America isn't some loon with a bomb, it's our own people. Those in charge, namely, and those gullable enough to not use some god damn common sense. You don't defend freedom by getting rid of it, you defend it by STANDING UP, AND HAVING SOME GOD DAMN BALLS. So what, they've got bombs? We're at war. People die in war, it's part of the process, but does that mean we're going to just give up and let them win? NO. We stand tall, and continue being americans, that's what we do. Our freedoms are what make us americans, and they are what makes America what it is. If we give that up, even one ounce of it, then we are traitors to our own cause, and deserve every god damn bomb that comes our way.
To every politician who thinks a wire tap is going to save america:
You're a coward, and a fool. It may win you a battle, but it will not win the war. The only way we beat these people is to show them we're not afraid, and right now, all you're doing is proving them right. You ARE afraid, and you're dragging the rest of us down with you. Stand up, or get the fuck out of office. If you don't have the courage to stand by this countries ideals, you don't deserve to be at it's head.
If anyone tries to destroy this country, my family, or the ones I love, I'll put two in their chest and one in their head. THAT is how you win a war. You locate your enemy, and you erradicate them.