Holocaust a myth?!?!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Holocaust a myth?!?!

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:19 am

While reading the news on yahoo, I came across this article that completely enraged me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051214/ap_ ... NlYwM5NjQ-

I pretty much loathe anyone that has this attitude toward the Holocaust. Some of my own family displays this attitude, which is why we no longer communicate with them and which is why I don't have any knowledge about my German heritage. I just cannot stand anyone who believes the Holocaust never happened and that is was just a ploy to make the world feel sorry for the Jews, as if those horrible pictures of the concentration camps aren't enough.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:30 pm

Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall I forget that smoke. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies I saw turned into wreaths of smoke beneath a silent blue sky.
Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my faith forever.
Never shall I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live. Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God Himself. Never.

Read the book Night, by Elie Wiesel, it is so terrible what they went through. I watched a documentary on the camps once and was apalled when one of the survivors was crying because people were saying the Holocaust didn't exist. I'm sure that makes the survivors feel great that people are denouncing terrible travesties they went through. Also there was so much physical evidence.

-photos
-pictures
-mass graves
-documents
-witnesses

I have seen video of the crematorias working, this was well before post production methods, so I can assure you it was unaltered.

Fucking pricks. :x

Read: Night by Elie Wiesel, Four Perfect Pebbles by Lila Perl, and if you hate reading, Maus by Art Spiegelman

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:43 pm

I have definately read Night, and it was such a sad book. I've read many Holocaust books, but I can't quite remember the names of them because I read them back in 8th/9th grade. But I will definately have to read those other books as well as watch Schindler's List because I still haven't brought myself to watch that yet.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:54 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:I have definately read Night, and it was such a sad book. I've read many Holocaust books, but I can't quite remember the names of them because I read them back in 8th/9th grade. But I will definately have to read those other books as well as watch Schindler's List because I still haven't brought myself to watch that yet.
Everytime I watch that movie it makes me cry
~*Erica*~

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Go to Terra Haute, talk to Eva Kor, and be amazed. She's brilliant.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:06 pm

This crap probably originates from someone who can't come to terms with what happened. Perhaps their fathers/grandfathers etc were partly responsible, and they feel guilty...so guilty, they want to make it disappear so they have a clear conscience.
However, the descendents of monsters are not responsible for what their forefathers have done, and nothing can change history.
History is there for a reason, so that we can learn from it. If we see how horrible this kind of thing really is, then maybe we can avoid letting it ever happen again.
I want the truth about history. What is, and what was...not some petty PC garbage made to cushion the coming generations from what the human race is capable of in it's darkest moments.
If you don't acknowledge the presence of that darkness, how will you know how to avoid it in the future?