Child's Play - A Charity for Children's Hospitals Worldwide

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Child's Play - A Charity for Children's Hospitals Worldwide

Post by CgSquall » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm

Okay people, I know most of us are gamers..and I don't want to say much about this charity myself, because in no way am I qualified to talk about it really.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

There's your link, read about it there, but all I really have to say is that we should do everything in our power to help make a charity like this a success.

Also, Jim if you're reading this, I'd appreciate it if you'd contact Riley and talk to them about Child's Play, I know they would probably listen to you better than most of us if we just randomly up and called them, and although they might not be able to get in on the charity this year, they would be able to get in on it for next year at the very worst.

Also, I know a lot of us owe our lives, our friend's lives, our children's lives and all of that in one way or another to Riley, and honestly, before reading some of this, I had no idea there were so many Children's Hospitals across the world....We've helped Riley so many times, why don't we just take the time to help out all the other Children's Hospitals too?

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:19 pm

I'm actually surprised Casey hasn't made a flame or flamebait yet.

Hmm.

Oh well, I'll leave it for him to pick up. I made the kill but he can feast off the carcass.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:28 pm

What exactly would there be to flame about? I've never known Casey to flame anything relating to charity events...

It sounds like a pretty interesting idea to me; definitely a good cause. My first thought after looking at the site was --- wouldn't the money be better spent on research rather than on buying videogames for the kids? But then I remembered when my son Ian was born and he had to be taken to get blood transfusions every week for several months. The transfusion process can take hours and the kids (most of whom are cancer patients) have nothing to do, but there were game consoles in each transfusion area, and they were very popular to say the least (not that Ian could play them as a newborn, but you get the point)...

And speaking of charity events, yes I AM planning another charity event for next spring, but it may be very different from things we've done in the past; stay tuned...

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:36 pm

This looks like a really nice event, and it'll be a nice merit for the gaming community which is always under political attack for negative influence.

And IU; for wanting to flame such a nice cause..well, you're a fag.
..lol.
Last edited by ShammerS on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:10 pm

ShammerS wrote: And Fagulous; for wanting to flame such a nice cause..well, you're a fag.
..lol.
Wrong gay guy.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:24 pm

mexican ninja wrote:
ShammerS wrote: And Fagulous; for wanting to flame such a nice cause..well, you're a fag.
..lol.
Wrong gay guy.
You might say I approached my post from the wrong angle... :wink:

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:21 pm

Bumpy Bump, really don't want people to not see this as they first come into the forum.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:47 pm

*sigh*

fuck cancer. and those stupid cancer kids deserve to die.

...seriously, you guys are lame.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:59 pm

You know, I bet you wouldn't feel the same if you were a kid and you got cancer and it wasn't your fault, would you? Really, think for a second, how do most CHILDREN get cancer? It's not like THEY smoke or anything of the sort. They either get it from second hand smoke, or get it from some other freak coincidence, as cancer is just a mutation of cells caused by carcinogens that continue to multiply as normal cells do.

Now, don't be a dick about a charity, any charity, if you don't agree with it, then don't say anything, it's that freaking simple. Dumbass.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:25 pm

Flamebaiting is too easy. God. Flamebaiting is to poor message board etiquette what movie quotes are to really lame humour....