The Moives (game)

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:13 pm

dancing queen iu wrote:Oh, and people get really mad at me when I spell it "favourite," "colour," and "doughnut." Oh, and "drive-through" instead of "drive-thru." "Thru" is nothing even close to a word.
...You mean it's not spelled "doughnut"? I mean, I know there's the stupid short version, but I thought the real way to spell it was really "doughnut," anyway. n_n And yeah, it's a drive-through.

As for colour and favourite, I don't use either of those, but it's not a problem.

What annoys me is when people use "thru" instead of "through" in a setting that has nothing to do with a restaurant that will serve you your food through your driver's side window.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Silent_Blade
Standard
Standard

Post by Silent_Blade » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:42 pm

dancing queen iu wrote:My violin teacher is a dumbfuck when it comes to spelling. She spells the word "clef" (as in treble clef) as "cleft."

Oh, and people get really mad at me when I spell it "favourite," "colour," and "doughnut." Oh, and "drive-through" instead of "drive-thru." "Thru" is nothing even close to a word.
Dude, I'll stick by you, I spell those words like that too...Not our faults Americans can't spell eh?
RAWR I'm a Tuna!

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:57 pm

yes let's put es where they're not needed and pretend like we're speaking british english..quims
insert code compile execute return

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:07 pm

oh but to speak british is so much more fun, to get the very strong british sound, you have to kinda stutter on certain T's it's quite exciting.

Like the game "The Movies" It's a wonderful game that is very fun.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

goten444
Standard
Standard

Post by goten444 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:45 pm

im really sry i can not spell right. but the game is the topic so talk about that plz.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:05 pm

The movies is kinda fun, but british speak/spelling = not.

Maybe it's my hatred of british accents (I refuse to watch otherwise good movies sometimes just because the main character(s) speak with a british accent) that make me dislike the 'odd' spellings. When its spelled "favourite" it makes me associate the whole sentence with Britain, thus making me hate everything about the sentence.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:19 pm

I enjoy british accents, mostly so I can trick myself into thinking friends and co-workers are playfully adopting a british vernacular and politely asking for a cigarette, rather than calling me a fag. Ahhh, frequent retreats into blissful states of self-denial, how I know and love you!

Also, The Movies sucked.
Signatures sure are awesome.

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:41 pm

I <3 spelling nazis!