What are you giving up for Lent?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:25 pm

Well shmoo.

Guess Im an idiot then.
Because as un-religious as I can be, Id like to think
there is a god somewhere chillin. I have some qualms
with the different sects of Christianity, but I do believe
in its fundamental ideals. I havent converted to a set
Christian sect because I dont believe one faction is right
over another.

Still, I do consider myself a Christian despite
my hereditary(sp?) religions.
(Mums a witch and dad's a Jew. No joke.)

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Don't want to get into this whole thing about religion and the way that our minds work. Am in enough question about my own faith to try to tell people otherwise, and have encountered enough weird shit to comfortably say that there's something more that some people can sense that others can't pick up a sniff of.
If you want to try using more than 10%, take your right leg and move it in a clock-wise circle. Now take your finger and try to draw a six in the air. In case you already know the answer, it's impossible. No one has done it, ever, ask a self-proclaimed wizard to do it, he'll just say some smart-ass remark and threaten to curse you.
I can do this. When you said nobody could, I took it upon myself to try it out. Perhaps you didn't specify clearly enough when you put it on here, Merk. I have trouble doing it with my right leg and my right finger, but doing it with my right leg and my LEFT finger is nothing. Try that out and see if it works better for you. Perhaps its that you're using both sides of your body as opposed to overloading one side? I'm not sure.

All I know is that I can do the impossible until somebody debunks me. *victory!*
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:41 pm

You're right I forgot to specify to use your right hand as well. I assume it would have been implied, but I guess not. Yes, it is very possible to do right leg with the left arm and vice versa but it's impossible to do right leg, right arm. My apologies, I should have specified.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:47 pm

Well, for 25 minutes, I was master of the impossible.

Works for me.

If you do put your mind to it hardcore, though, it's possible. It just takes a lot more willpower. This is my thought, though, being that I can do it, when I concentrate on it.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:48 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:I can do this. When you said nobody could, I took it upon myself to try it out. Perhaps you didn't specify clearly enough when you put it on here, Merk. I have trouble doing it with my right leg and my right finger, but doing it with my right leg and my LEFT finger is nothing. Try that out and see if it works better for you. Perhaps its that you're using both sides of your body as opposed to overloading one side? I'm not sure.

All I know is that I can do the impossible until somebody debunks me. *victory!*
I can do it to, with all four possible combinations of hand/feet (left-left, right-right, right-left, left-right). You may have a false start, especially with the same side foot and hand, but it is very doable.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:25 pm

by the by, i wasn't trying to explain psychics, meerly how people interact...i posted in the middle of a shitstorm of a conversation
insert code compile execute return

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:05 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Well, for 25 minutes, I was master of the impossible.

Works for me.

If you do put your mind to it hardcore, though, it's possible. It just takes a lot more willpower. This is my thought, though, being that I can do it, when I concentrate on it.
I'm confused. That's easy. *does it* yay. But, I just had a question, can you give up doing lent for lent?

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:18 pm

I'm not saying any of my theories are true, not by any means. they're just ideas, and I'm not trying to prove them. However, I do believe that there are a number of things that cannot, and most likely, will not be explain by science. Putting a scientific explaination on some things is nearly impossible. Yeah, we can do some. We can identify the energy emitted, but often times not tell why it's there, or where it comes from. ghosts are this way. Science can identify them as energy, and nothing more.
I don't really care if you want to debunk my theories, that's only one of them anyway...I have lots more, but none of them are complete. That's just the most scientific one I have, and frankly, it's the most scientific I care to go into it. As I said, I believe in god, so trying to scientifically analyze everything isn't one of my priorites, I'll let the scientists argue over that one.
Also, Merk, you will never cast a spell. Your mindset alone prevents you from doing it. Skeptics always say 'so why can't I cast a spell?' It's pretty obvious why. If you don't believe, it won't work. It's one of the core elements of spellcraft. As far as documented cases of spell craft working? They're difficult to document, because most spellcasters don't go to scientists and say 'look what I can do!' for one, and the results are never consistent. Some can take place immediately, some take years to come full circle. Secondly, spiritually speaking, spells draw energy from a number of elements and spiritual sources, many of which are not always present or available.
I'm aware that my theory, if everyone believed it, would turn people into gods of a sort...and certainly, I'm not trying to teach everyone how to do this either. :wink: Hell, I'm not even trying to learn how, I just wanted to try to understand it.
Personally, however, I'm more of a spiritual person. As far as religion, I want to find a spiritual truth, not just a scientific one. Since science cannot prove the existence of a god, I have to search the various religious faiths, and add up the truths, sort out the lies, and see what comes together in the end.

aspen
Standard
Standard

Post by aspen » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:18 pm

Wow, how did we get off talking about religion? If you want to talk about religion, which you obviously do, you should do it in a forum on religion. So, to start I will start a topic on religion right here in Converstation Cornucopia for you to vent, express opinions, and make it seem like you know what you're talking about...etc.

If you have something to say about any form of religion, please do it in the topic I am about to create...thanks. This topic is about talking about what you gave up for lent, and not going off on a tantrum about Catholicism, Christianity, etc.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 pm

Tantrum? Hardly. I'm just trying to answer questions.

BeatmaniacIIDX
Standard
Standard

Post by BeatmaniacIIDX » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:49 pm

I like how alot of kids are like "I'm wiccan and I'm so cool because of this and now I'm going to feed you abunch of crap about this religion". Wicca kids bother me.

GaKki
Standard
Standard

Post by GaKki » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:03 pm

I love you sig.
Sig. はだいすきです! Hehe!

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:27 pm

BeatmaniacIIDX wrote:I like how alot of kids are like "I'm wiccan and I'm so cool because of this and now I'm going to feed you abunch of crap about this religion". Wicca kids bother me.
I'm sure you bother them, too. Kids that do that are typically the ones that have been made fun of and cast out most of their lives, and they're just trying to find something that will accept them, and Wicca is a very gentle, loving religion. however, if you want to discuss that, please do so in the new thread.

Lolita
Light
Light

Post by Lolita » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:36 pm

I'm giving up Self Denial...

But seriousley folks, I'm Pagan, and my mom is catholic... We make fun of eachother all the time about it, and it's my time now!

Bwa ha ha!
Student, freak, Fangirl, and Part Time Dream J-rocker,

~Lolita~
(Formerly Rally Vixen)