Skateboarding

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Do you skateboard?

Yes
28%
Nope
72%

Total votes: 18

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:41 pm

Life is unfair....thats just how it is. Some people are damn lucky and have parents to take care of their every whim whereas others dont.

I paid for my car, pay for the gas, insurance, maintence. And hey I also pay for my own clothing food, cell phone, stupid freaking college bills (the bursar office hates me) and anything else that is need of money. One thing that I dont have to pay for is rent though...THANK GOD.

There is a reason why I have 4 jobs...and let me tell you, "because I like to work" Isnt one of those reasons.

And I agree with WhiteDragon, I think what IU was trying to get across was at least he shows gratitude by taking care of the car. Instead of running it into the ground so his parents could buy him another one, or fix what he fucked up.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:05 pm

Pheadra wrote:Life is unfair....thats just how it is. Some people are damn lucky and have parents to take care of their every whim whereas others dont.

I paid for my car, pay for the gas, insurance, maintence. And hey I also pay for my own clothing food, cell phone, stupid freaking college bills (the bursar office hates me) and anything else that is need of money. One thing that I dont have to pay for is rent though...THANK GOD.

There is a reason why I have 4 jobs...and let me tell you, "because I like to work" Isnt one of those reasons.

And I agree with WhiteDragon, I think what IU was trying to get across was at least he shows gratitude by taking care of the car. Instead of running it into the ground so his parents could buy him another one, or fix what he fucked up.
This is exactly what I was saying, he is showing gratitude. But my hypothetical question is, would he care about the car even more if he had paid for it himself? IMHO I think anyone would care more if they paid in full by themselves, because they wouldn't forget the giant hole in their bank account :D (I don't have to pay for rent either I guess because of Scholorships :D but I do pay my tuition, books and everything.. I feel your pain :'( )
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:21 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:
dancing queen iu wrote:but I do one thing they don't to show that I am grateful for my shit: I take care of it. I take my car to the shop when it needs oil changes or just a tune-up, and I don't run it into things because I don't feel the need to prove that I'm better than them.
I fail to see how taking your car to a shop to get the oil changed as compared to doing it yourself equals taking better care of it. If you know how to do the maintenance, why not do it yourself? Besides, not everyone can afford to take their car into a shop every single time something needs to be adjusted or changed. Also, I'd have to say that someone putting in the time to personally look into what's wrong with their car and fix it themselves is showing a lot more appreciation for their vehicle than someone who just drops it at the mechanic and hands them some cash.

WhiteDragon, who has a great dislike for people who think they're all that because their mommies and daddies are rich.
I'm not all that because I'm rich.

I'm all that because, well, I'm just awesome. Hee hee.

Good god, you people really can't read sarcasm. Verbalising on the computer takes away inflection and many important things which would provide context clues, but REALLY. Do I have to be that obvious?

Anyway, I'd rather not learn how to do it if I can just take it to the mechanic anyway. I'd be afraid to either break something or hurt myself. Plus, I'm not going out and racing my car and running it into light poles or power poles. Because I'm not an asshole and I don't feel the need to do something quite that stupid to get my jollies.

Humble as I wanna be,

DQIU
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Angelah
Standard
Standard

Post by Angelah » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:44 am

i'm confused...i thought this thread was about skateboarding

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:14 am

It was, but then, there was the pupa state....and thus, the thread has matured into a beautiful butterfly!

Ok, so I lied.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:16 am

WhiteDragon wrote:
Ebola Gay wrote:And if you dislike people with rich folks who buy them stuff, methinks you need to get new dislikes, quick.
I don't dislike people with rich parents. I dislike people with rich parents who think that their parents' wealth makes them better than other people.
So... You dislike idiots?

If idiots get you steamed, congratulations, you will be mighty pissed your entire life, For the world has no shortage on idiots, nor will it ever.

Thus, get new dislikes.
Signatures sure are awesome.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:19 pm

Angelah wrote:i'm confused...i thought this thread was about skateboarding
I'm confused, I thought someone already pointed this out and no one cared.

Topics get off topic, it's the way of IndyDDR.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:01 pm

Green Tea wrote:This is exactly what I was saying, he is showing gratitude. But my hypothetical question is, would he care about the car even more if he had paid for it himself? IMHO I think anyone would care more if they paid in full by themselves, because they wouldn't forget the giant hole in their bank account :D (I don't have to pay for rent either I guess because of Scholorships :D but I do pay my tuition, books and everything.. I feel your pain :'( )
Hell, I know that I care more about my new car (Umi! <3) than I did about my old car. 1/3 of each of my paychecks goes to either pay for a car payment or my insurance, and it's so much more than I used to pay. On top of that, I pay for everything else, too. And my mother wonders why I can't save money....
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Aww, looks like I offended poor Angelah. I'm sorry, have a lazer cat:

PSYCH! NO LAZER CAT FOR YOU!

And seeing as this topic doesn't have much going for it, /r (that means requesting) any cat related pictures.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:24 am

I need sleep.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:42 am

hascoolnickname wrote:I need sleep.
no.... you need photoshop... :D

I never sleep... and all the children want to grow up to be just like me.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:19 am

that is photoshop XD
PH34RRR MY 1337 FOTOZHOPZ SK3333LLLZZF;FLAJSDF;LSJDF
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:36 am

Green Tea wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:I need sleep.
no.... you need photoshop... :D

I never sleep... and all the children want to grow up to be just like me.
HELL, I KNOW THAT I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE KEVIN WHEN I GROW UP!!!
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.