Skateboarding

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Do you skateboard?

Yes
28%
Nope
72%

Total votes: 18

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:18 pm

omg I saw this bumper sticker the other day
it said something like "My car is made of steel, not chopsticks!" And it was in that Wonton ICG font (I just looked the font name up, lol), the one that looks all kung-fu-ish.

I literally rolled down my window and told them they were racist pieces of shit for their bumper sticker and drove off. I was so pissed. omg.

Goddamnit Indiana sucks.
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:04 pm

I think it's more the mentality that if it's foreign, it's good...regardless of what kind of horsepower or practical performance features it has.
Sorry, but a chevy camaro can pack more punch than a modded out civic, and that's factory default. The '86 Camaro I was looking at buying had a V8 engine, packing well over 300 horsepower, and it's a factory model. No enhancements or cheesy plastic implants needed.
Personally, I don't care where a car comes from, I care about quality of the product.

...and what the fuck is up with 'performance tail lights?' THEY'RE FUCKING TAIL LIGHTS. Sorry kids, if you want the car to go faster, you're gonna have to learn to work on the engine...not just screw on some new tail lights and a flashy set of hub caps.

This isn't directed at Joe, spazz, etc who actually WORK on their cars seriously...I'm sure you've all seen the kids I'm talking about.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:58 pm

Spinners make you go fast while standing still, and if you have vtec you automatically win- especially if you're in an automatic car. The more stickers you have of brand names on your car the more aerodynamic it becomes as well, allowing you to do better drifts with e-brake. Ask any street racer and he'll tell you this is true, so go bet lots of money on street races ASAP.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:12 pm

dancing queen iu wrote:What's all this about a car or something? The RSX?

Why don't you just buy a car that, gee, I don't know, WORKS without having to put rear suspension shit on it instead of a piece of shit that doesn't run that you have to have your dad help you fix?

Makes no sense...:-\
Maybe because his parents dont have shitloads of money lying around to go throw at there son to buy a new car, like you. People like you really piss me fucking off. Not everyone is lucky enough to have there parents buy a $30,000 suv that there not even thankful for.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:34 pm

Heh, on a side note, my car's in the shop for the next few days, so I got to drive my dad's today. It's a '99 Volvo c70 convertable, 5 cylinder turbocharged... That bitch can move. I had a little too much fun with it. :D

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm

there's a difference between buying a car to use and buying one to race and buying one to use for racing that isn't meant for it.

the amount of money kids spend putting on modifications to get an extra 3mph or so called "better efficiency" (maybe 3 mods tops will make your car more efficent) could easily be spent to get an acura or other model of car that is meant to go fast and not fall apart after 3 months due to installations done by people who don't konw what they're doing. When I worked car audio installs I saw so many nightmare/botched car mod jobs...made me sick.
insert code compile execute return

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:56 pm

Potter wrote:Maybe because his parents dont have shitloads of money lying around to go throw at there son to buy a new car, like you. People like you really piss me fucking off. Not everyone is lucky enough to have there parents buy a $30,000 suv that there not even thankful for.
Now now, I'm sure that a few of the SUVs that people buy for their kids arn't $30,000. I'll bet that a few might go as low as $25,000, or in some rare instances, $20,000. I know my parents did, and I show them my complete lack of thankfulness by driving it into rocks and telephone poles. Once in a while, whilst sitting at a light, a ricer kid, seeing my tasteful yellow vinyl prints of half-dressed women, and purple flames spewing forth from my wheel-wells, feels the need to race me. I oblige, and proceed to melt his face off with my insane speed. I've got a turbo the size of a new-born baby, you mouth breathing, baseborn asia loving bastard! And then I proceed to run into him as hard as I can to teach the child some manners. That'll teach him not to mess with one's superiours! I'm the son of Peter Francis Geracy!

Lover, fighter... Lawyer...
Signatures sure are awesome.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:21 pm

sam wrote:there's a difference between buying a car to use and buying one to race and buying one to use for racing that isn't meant for it.

the amount of money kids spend putting on modifications to get an extra 3mph or so called "better efficiency" (maybe 3 mods tops will make your car more efficent) could easily be spent to get an acura or other model of car that is meant to go fast and not fall apart after 3 months due to installations done by people who don't konw what they're doing. When I worked car audio installs I saw so many nightmare/botched car mod jobs...made me sick.

Hes not upgrading parts to race, hes replacing them so it works. Big difference. Queen is expecting that everyone gets a brand new car from there parents, when in fact people like skater kid get hand me down cars that need fixing up. There not trying to make it go faster, there trying to make it go period.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:52 pm

If all you want is a car to get from A to B, they're are much more practical options out there. Even if it has to be worked on, if you get something other than a sports car, it's probably gonna be a bit more reliable.
Anything you have to rebuild is something you should be relying on for day to day travel, anyway.

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:00 pm

RICE=Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements
In other words. If you're gonna RICE your car, don't drive it and talk about how much horsepower that NOS sticker added to your car.

Remember, rice is for eating, not driving.

thanks.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:41 pm

i drive a 85 subaru station wagon don't talk to me like i don't know hand me downs.
insert code compile execute return

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:53 am

I thought this was about Skateboarding?

SAM: I Drive a Saturn L-Series Station Wagon!

*High-Five!*

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:57 am

Grubb wrote:I thought this was about Skateboarding?
god u read my mind :lol:

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:11 pm

It kind of relates to skateboarding, in a weird kind of way

*Cars have four wheels, JUST LIKE SKATEBOARDS.

*People use their cars to haul their skateboards.

that's all i can think of.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:08 pm

IxI I skate IxI wrote:It kind of relates to skateboarding, in a weird kind of way

*Cars have four wheels, JUST LIKE SKATEBOARDS.

*People use their cars to haul their skateboards.

that's all i can think of.
one more for the list... cars can run over skateboarders.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.