This just in: The Internet Is/Was Down

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

This just in: The Internet Is/Was Down

Post by MonMotha » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 am

You heard me right, the Internet died at around 2AM local time. Level3 Communications had a major "problem" with a software upgrade, or at least that's the story. Verio also had major trouble with destination routes, though it sourced traffic just fine.

Level3 and Cogent had a bit of a firefight earlier this month, and Level3 is deep in the whole. Rumors are that they depeered just about everyone all at once to show off (and in hopes of extorting $30k from everyone). It will be interesting to see what they have to say.

As of now, it looks like the problems that were showing up all around in Atlanta (I lost connectivity to this site via Savvis, for a while) are working themselves out.

For a hint of the craziness that was going on, I was SSH'd to a host in Indy on Speakeasy at the time. Speakeasy routes to/from Sprintlink (which our line here at Rose runs to) via Level3. At one point, I was hitting Level3 via Sprintlink over in London, England. Yes, that's right...I went through London to go 100 miles down the road. As of now, I'm back through Chicago, like things should be.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:41 pm

pee on your router
insert code compile execute return

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Re: This just in: The Internet Is/Was Down

Post by djfooboo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:57 pm

MonMotha wrote:nerdtastics
Your head a splode. With posts like this good luck finding a consensual wife. Can I have my memory card back?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Jon has your memory card. He was trying to find the time to HD Loaderify it, since he already has all the required software.

Oh, and contrary to popular belief, there are geek girls out there. Cute ones too. A rarity, perhaps, but they do exist.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:14 pm

God damn, that's what I figured was happening when random sites started going down. :(
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fagulous
Standard
Standard

Post by Fagulous » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:02 am

I figured something was up since this was the only site, that didn't give me problems last night, thanks for using all the terminology I'll never use or probably understand. :o

djfooboo
Standard
Standard

Post by djfooboo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:08 am

MonMotha wrote:Jon has your memory card. He was trying to find the time to HD Loaderify it, since he already has all the required software.

Oh, and contrary to popular belief, there are geek girls out there. Cute ones too. A rarity, perhaps, but they do exist.
Cool G.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:59 pm

My girlfriend is proudly a geek (there are games that I STILL can't beat her at. Mostly racing games since that's her specialty).

And she's hella fine too. So yeah. Just take your time looking. They are out there.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm

i hate girls that are into what i'm into...then they keep stealing your shit. if anyone ever tries to steal one of my systems for longer then 3 days ever again they will have their necks slit.

with that said, i love bars :twisted:
insert code compile execute return

dancing queen iu
Standard
Standard

Post by dancing queen iu » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:33 pm

What the fuck are you guys talking about anyway?
I'm IndyDDR's Favourite #1 Bitch