For the love of god I need help.

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

For the love of god I need help.

Post by Green Tea » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:42 pm

This song has been tormenting me for 3 years (literally). I do not know the name of this song, and everyone seems to recognize it but can NEVER name it. I pray to you, people of IndyDDR, to solve this neverending mystery... What I did is transcribed a bit of what I remembered into a midi file. I could not remember everything with it, I just wrote the main theme with a bit of distinguishing background. Then a main theme later on. There are a couple more theme that I remember that I didn't put in the song, but PLEASE HELP ME!.

Here is the midi file
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kadamczy/little.mid
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:25 pm

Oh, i thought this was finally your admittance to being an alcoholic...maybe next time :lol:

damn this is a tricky song to remember...

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:34 pm

Sounds like Lord of the Rings to me. =)

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:04 pm

ShammerS wrote:Sounds like Lord of the Rings to me. =)
seconded

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:21 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I am doing listening sprees trying to find it, I already have done all Final Fantasy songs VII-XI. And now I will move to LOTR. Any other clues would be much appreciated.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:48 pm

ShammerS wrote:Sounds like Lord of the Rings to me. =)
Pretty sure it's not from the actual Lord of the Rings Symphony, unless you're talking about from the soundtrack to that crappy movie trilogy they made.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:02 pm

TaQa wrote:Pretty sure it's not from the actual Lord of the Rings Symphony, unless you're talking about from the soundtrack to that crappy movie trilogy they made.
To be safe I went through the whole movie soundtrack, didn't find it. As for de meij, unfortunately I only have movement 1 and 5. It didn't show up in those :(. I will add to the midi and repost when I do some other little themes from it I recall.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:47 pm

Green Tea wrote:
TaQa wrote:Pretty sure it's not from the actual Lord of the Rings Symphony, unless you're talking about from the soundtrack to that crappy movie trilogy they made.
To be safe I went through the whole movie soundtrack, didn't find it. As for de meij, unfortunately I only have movement 1 and 5. It didn't show up in those :(. I will add to the midi and repost when I do some other little themes from it I recall.
If you're looking for the other movements hit up http://www.usafband.com, they've got them for free there. Mvt. 2 is by far the best, good for a listen even if you don't find your music in it.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:17 pm

TaQa wrote:If you're looking for the other movements hit up http://www.usafband.com, they've got them for free there. Mvt. 2 is by far the best, good for a listen even if you don't find your music in it.
I finally found the song! it's the TV theme for Hercules... it's odd because I never watched it.

We actually almost played the first movement in concert band my senior year. Although my band director decided he didn't want to and I am still angry at him about it. But thanks for the link :D I got all of them now.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:23 pm

BS i don belive it

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:37 pm

Green Tea wrote:
TaQa wrote:If you're looking for the other movements hit up http://www.usafband.com, they've got them for free there. Mvt. 2 is by far the best, good for a listen even if you don't find your music in it.
I finally found the song! it's the TV theme for Hercules... it's odd because I never watched it.

We actually almost played the first movement in concert band my senior year. Although my band director decided he didn't want to and I am still angry at him about it. But thanks for the link :D I got all of them now.
I couldn't have figured that out, and I did watch it. But not much.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:18 pm

Green Tea wrote:I finally found the song! it's the TV theme for Hercules... it's odd because I never watched it.

well that fits too. i used to watch that show alot. i guess now the song will no longer torment you.

Hoody2006
Standard
Standard

Post by Hoody2006 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:53 pm

i kinda thought it was some zelda song
if it doesnt matter who wins or loses then why do they keep score
-Vince Lombardi-

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:06 am

it really does sound like zelda! here is a link to the real mp3 file. (yes my transcription was a bit off, but remember I hadn't heard it for 3 years.)

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kadamczy/herc.mp3