The Grubb's Valentine O' Ramma

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Grubb
Standard
Standard

The Grubb's Valentine O' Ramma

Post by Grubb » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:42 pm

I just felt like making this for all the generic Valentine's Day stuff. So, if anybody has anything Valentine's the least bit Valentine or Love related or whatever, feel free to post it here.

----------

So anyway...

There's this girl who totally has me enthralled. She probably knows that I'm mad for her, seeing as how I drive roughly 2 hours to see her once or twice a week.

Anyway, She's like... the first girl I've really liked in about 3 years. And we're spending Valentine's Day together. And I've already made reservations at that new "Music Mill" place, and I got her that new "My Chemical Romance" CD.

I also want to get her some choclate n' stuff.

Anyway, point being, I can come up with romantic ideas on my own n' stuff. But a lot of the time, I just become all thumbs when it comes to this stuff.

Anybody got any suggestions?

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:10 pm

Well, my girlfriend's birthday just so happens to be Valentine's Day (ouch goes my wallet), so I got her the following:

-3 CDs (Guster, Kelly Clarkson, David Gray)

-some chocolate

-I'm also making her a blanket, my mom knows how to do it so she's helping me out

Juwi bean
Standard
Standard

Post by Juwi bean » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:01 pm

TylerHHS wrote:
-I'm also making her a blanket, my mom knows how to do it so she's helping me out
Aww, how cute ^^ That's absolutely adorable. I'm going to be out of town on V-day (like I am every other day...) but I'll be back to see my honey on the 18th. I guess I'll have to make up for missing such an important day.

Anyway, cute idea ^^ Post a pic of the blankie when you're done, Juwi wants to see.
i am cute. my panda's bigger than your panda.
Avon Otaku

Grubb
Standard
Standard

Post by Grubb » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:19 pm

OH NOOOOOOz!

She already has the My Chemical Romance CD!?

Shit... now what am I to do?

BTW: That Blanket idea is awesome.

Makes me which I was talented like that.

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:04 am

Valentines day? what's that? haha
~*Erica*~

God Of Rock
Standard
Standard

Post by God Of Rock » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:46 am

Erica6924 wrote:Valentines day? what's that? haha
Ditto and quoted for truth.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:44 am

I have a three hour rehearsal on V day for my choir in the evening *ouch*

She loves to bake cakes and things like that and I like to cook dinner. For V day we are switching around roles. She'll make dinner and I'll stumble through making a cake out of scratch.

aspen
Standard
Standard

What do you think?

Post by aspen » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:59 am

All right...so this is what I did for my girldfriend for Valentine's Day. I would have preferred to give it to her personally, but since i'm thousands of miles away for the next two weeks, delivery is the only option.

Anyways...I did two things...one, obviously I got her a dozen long stemmed red roses in a nice vase....
Imagewith a note 8)
Second, and this is the one I hope she likes...well, there's this website called http://www.timelessmessage.com. They have message that you can send in the old traditional way of using bottles. I sent her a Timeless Message in this bottle here...

It's all been pre-ordered and should arrive at her place exactly on Valentine's Day if not sooner.

Whatcha think? :wink:

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Re: What do you think?

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:48 am

aspen wrote:All right...so this is what I did for my girldfriend for Valentine's Day. I would have preferred to give it to her personally, but since i'm thousands of miles away for the next two weeks, delivery is the only option.

Anyways...I did two things...one, obviously I got her a dozen long stemmed red roses in a nice vase....
Imagewith a note 8)
Second, and this is the one I hope she likes...well, there's this website called http://www.timelessmessage.com. They have message that you can send in the old traditional way of using bottles. I sent her a Timeless Message in this bottle here...

It's all been pre-ordered and should arrive at her place exactly on Valentine's Day if not sooner.

Whatcha think? :wink:

I think... I'm jealous :)

That's sweet :)

I'm sure she'll love it
~*Erica*~

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:56 am

That's pretty 1337 man.

Grubb-Get her David Gray's White Ladder CD, it's an awesome CD with all those mushy songs on it.

Ebola Gay
Standard
Standard
Location: Outside your bedroom window, cleverly hidden by shrubs.

Post by Ebola Gay » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:56 am

I forgot it was February.

Well, seeing as how I don't currently have a girlfriend, everything I'm about to say is pure speculation, but I'm a genius, so it's unreasonably good speculation.

Usually something homemade is a pretty good choice. TylerHHS down here knows that, and he is a pimp because of it. It could be anything, as long as (obviously) you think the person in question will dig it. Homemade just tends to say "I sat down, thought up this thing, and spent X amount of time on it, just for you", which is, needless to say, pretty sweet, and most defiantly not done often.

Also, if homemade isn't your thing, try thinking of something that she's said she liked in passing. Everybody has those times, when they're walking through a store, or hangin' with people, and they'll say "I really like X subject" or "I wish I had X object". Capitalize on this. And if you think hard and remember something she's said a few months ago, it's extra awesome. It kinda tells her that you hear and value the things she says, which makes anybody feel nice.

Poetry, I'm a softy for poetry, Not to mention it's easy. Just peruse your local library, or even the internet for something that just sounds right. I'd post some of my favorites, but I'm pretty sure no-one cares an this post is already too long.

Edit: minor spelling errors
Last edited by Ebola Gay on Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures sure are awesome.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:06 am

or just write her a poem yourself if your good at those things...

im broke so i was thinkin of writing a poem to this girl i like and see what she does heh... i dunno chances are i wont do anything cause im lazy like that...

dont get me wrong... if i had money i would send her roses with a card... but i dont have any money :( meh oh well...

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:22 am

Ebola Gay wrote:I forgot it was February.

Well, seeing as how I don't currently have a girlfriend, everything I'm about to say is pure speculation, but I'm a genius, so it's unreasonably good speculation.

Usually something homemade is a pretty good choice. TylerHHS down here know that, and he is a pimp because of it. It could be anything, as long as (obviously) you think the person in question will dig it. Homemade just tends to say "I sat down, thought up this thing, and spent X amount of time on it, just for you", which is, needless to say, pretty sweet, and most defiantly not done often.

Also, if homemade isn't your thing, try thinking of something that she's said she liked in passing. Everybody has those times, when they're walking through a store, or hangin' with people, and they'll say "I really like X subject" or "I wish I had X object". Capitalize on this. And if you think hard and remember something she's said a few months ago, it's extra awesome. It kinda tells her that you hear and value the things she says, which makes anybody feel nice.

Poetry, I'm a softy for poetry, Not to mention it's easy. Just peruse your local library, or even the internet for something that just sounds right. I'd post some of my favorites, but this post is already too long.

Ah, see, a guy that knows what he's talking about. Or he watches too much TV and has figured it out.

Homemade stuff is great. And it's exactly like he said. Even if you don't say it out loud, something homemade really says "I spent time doing this because I hoped you would like it." Very, very sweet.

Showing that you listen to a girl is key. I know that I can either talk a lot or a little. And knowing (hoping...?) that my boyfriend picks up and remembers things that I've said matters to me, especially if it's something I consider important.

I'm a big sap for poetry, too. Probably one of my weaknesses. Since I can't write poetry very well myself, I appreciate somebody that can. Moreso if it was written for me. There's just a passion in the written word that rings more true than any dinner-and-movie default ever could.

Quoting GoR... "Ditto and quoted for truth."

You can be my valentine. ^-^ *glomp*
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Gumby
Standard
Standard

Post by Gumby » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:56 am

my girlfriend gave up chocolate for Lent so there goes that valentine's gift idea right out the window. Chocolate is unoriginal anyway. I will probably opt for the hunormous stuffed animal.

Other than that, I'm going to spend the day with her on saturday and we're going to her school's homecoming dance that night. fun times indeed.
I don't fear death; I fear not living.

Juwi bean
Standard
Standard

Post by Juwi bean » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:02 pm

Erica6924 wrote:Valentines day? what's that? haha
It's that day with the massacre. Ya know...all those people died. Mob-something-or-other.

Oh...and a Halmark holiday when you show your "love" to everyone in your class in the form of cards...and yes "everyone," no one must be left out!

edit: Unless you're fat and have bad breath. Thank means you Timmy!!

I crack myself up
i am cute. my panda's bigger than your panda.
Avon Otaku