[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Potter » Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Merk wrote:Yeah actors are lazy these days, they started yesterday's episode in Latin but then switched to English about five minutes in.

But hey, in present day Lost MiB and Jacob have been on the island for a few thousand years so I'm sure they've picked up on a few languages in their time. It's a show about flying smoke monsters that can't go over water so there's gotta be some disbelief suspended.
Potter wrote:there is no worse show on televsionz
Potter you are the internet hate machine but we love you all the same.

the writers are getting away with terrible, uncreative, misleading writing under the facade of "lul u just dont understand or see da big picture yet" protip: the writers don't know how it's going to end either

ps i am the internet love machine

Last edited by Potter on Wed May 12, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Why do I have a feeling that this may end with a Twin Peaks ending?

How's Annie? HOW'S ANNIE?
lolol.

What the heck is that ending!?

As far as LOST, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm mostly just curious to see how it ends. If I could read a spoiler today, I probably would.

[This is bait for Riot to be witty]

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Spoilers.

You can't read normal things, so I'd have to retype all my spoilers in backwards upside down gobblygook manga bubbles for you to comprehend.

If I had ms paint on Meg's dumb Mac laptop I would literally draw you manga Lost art but alas I cannot.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu May 13, 2010 7:54 am

I literally had the best dream last night. It started off in this parking lot and I was walking through it and all of the sudden we were walking by this baseball stadium that had no back, so people were hitting home runs and the balls would roll out in the parking lot and there were gangs of asian people literally fighting over balls. I wrestled one out of this big guy's hands and ran away.

Next thing I know, I'm in the airport and I walk over to Starbucks and find Natalya from Goldeneye, and then I automatically become James Bond or something and everyone else around me looks like they're from 1993 again. She's watching Goldeneye on TV and asks why I look so familiar lol, and I told her that's not important and that I need her to follow me. We go down a bunch of flights of stairs through different levels of the airport and there are people following us. All of the sudden we get to the bottom floor where our flight is leaving, and it's the halls of a high school, still from 1993. I have to take a pitstop in the bathroom, and it's swarming with annoying fat kids with mullets and bleached, acid-washed jeans and neon windbreakers. One of them notices the gun in my pocket since I am a secret agent and tries to make trouble while I'm peeing at the urinal (which is like 4 feet high for some reason). Soon all the fat bullies are circling up around me and I start beating the crap out of hundreds of kids and throwing them down in the pee on the floor of the bathroom. I even accidentally beat up some of the innocent onlookers but I don't even care.

So after I'm done beating up a ton of kids, I run out in the hall cuz I know I'm in trouble and need to get to my flight. Now there are a bunch of teacher ladies and CIA agents running behind me yelling "Mr. Goatse! Mr. Goatse! Come back here and answer to what you done!" in a weird high pitched southern accent. I have no idea why or how my name is now "Mr. Goatse" but it seems pretty awesome. Just as I'm about to jump onto the plane I wake up.

I feel like this dream has a lot of symbolism and deep meaning.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu May 13, 2010 8:17 am

Welp! The show's not for everyone! v :P v

^^^^^

Yeah dreams are awesome we need to have a dream thread, Mr. Goatse

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 13, 2010 8:37 am

Anyway, Riot, why are you at Meg's? You are literally (actual literally, not internet literally) going to spend the rest of your life with her in less than a month from now, if I were you I would be back in my little computer cave and enjoying the fuck out of video games and doing stupid shit with my bros because once you're married, working, starting a family, etc. all that shit goes out the window and you become a figurative (actual figurative, not internet figurative) slave to your wife and kids.

There's a dude at my work who has to work about 70-80 hours a week to support the lifestyle that his wife and kids want. He works about 30 hours a week here and the other 40-50 working as a fireman in Indy. His wife got her masters and a teaching certificate but basically said "Fuck it!" and is now a stay at home mom who says she's looking for work but isn't putting a whole lot of effort in finding a job. I guess between the two jobs he makes about 100k, but I promise you he sees none of it.

That is not going to be me

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 pm

God dammit guys I love how I make two utterly awesome posts at 9:30 in the morning and six hours later no one has posted a good one-liner response.

Step it the fuck up. I refresh the forums like every ten minutes and today has been nothing but disappointment.

Do you want to know what true hell is? Posting on a message board and seeing your efforts fall on deaf ears, for eternity.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm

The best band ever? I think so. Discuss.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Image

Don't even think about calling them an overrated pop group inflated by media hype. THAT ISN'T TRUE.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Image

Don't even think about calling them an overrated pop group inflated by media hype. THAT ISN'T TRUE.
They're an overrated pop group inflated by media hype.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Guys you have to look at The Beatles from the eyes of people in the 1960s, they were way ahead of their time and the music industry had not turned to shit yet.

But yeah if you want to talk about something subjective and try to induce some hurt feelings then music is definitely the way to go.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu May 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Merk wrote:Guys you have to look at The Beatles from the eyes of people in the 1960s, they were way ahead of their time and the music industry had not turned to shit yet.

But yeah if you want to talk about something subjective and try to induce some hurt feelings then music is definitely the way to go.
Welp! The show's not for everyone! v :P v

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Chad that doesn't even make sense

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri May 14, 2010 12:10 am

beatles suck lost sucks you suck owned

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 am

Better than The Beatles. Different era, though.