The idea for a big get together

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:11 am

now how shoul;d we go about setting a date? just find otu what is good for everyone?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:23 am

So wait, is the meetup going to be at Forest Park or Hummel?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:26 am

probaly forext parek but thign is officia;l
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:27 am

No clue - is one or the other better for you? If so, this is probably a good time to lodge your preference.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:23 am

Arka wrote:No clue - is one or the other better for you? If so, this is probably a good time to lodge your preference.
Well, judging by the fact that I'm in Avon, Hummel is much better for me. But I could try going to Forest Park if that's where it's going to end up being scheduled.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:27 am

Will it really make much of a difference (in travel time) for someone in Fort Wayne? Because if not, then I could care less. If so, then obviously the one that's closer (but if it's not a significant difference I don't really care). And, once again, June 27th-July 27th does not work for me.

-Dan

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:21 am

Let's consult MapQuest!

Click the link above for a map that includes the two parks and a route between them.

We're really looking at opposite corners with Forest Park being outside the NE corner of the I-465 loop and Hummel Park being outside the SW corner.

To answer Dan's specific question, Forest Park would be about an hour closer to Ft. Wayne. However, Hummel might be more advantageous if more people are coming from the south or west sides.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 am

I think the general consensus is that more of our Indiana members live in the north and central portions of the state, or at least that claim was made earlier in the thread. However, if any of the Louisville guys decide to come up, their drive to Forest Park would be incredibly painful.

Is that happening? My best guess is no, but I don't think any of them have posted in this thread.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:41 am

Well, I think we should determine who will probably be able to go (with my dad, I really don't know), and then whichever's closer to the majority, that's the one it'll be at. I mean, the parks are equally good in the aspect of what each one has, right? One isn't more advantageous because of its facilities, right? Then decide with what I said earlier.

-Dan

EDIT: MapQuest estimates that from my address to 701 Cicero Rd., it would take 1 hour, 57 minutes to drive. That's probably about as far as I could feasibly convince my dad to go. I didn't check for the other park.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:24 am

dance1005 wrote:Well, I think we should determine who will probably be able to go (with my dad, I really don't know), and then whichever's closer to the majority, that's the one it'll be at. I mean, the parks are equally good in the aspect of what each one has, right? One isn't more advantageous because of its facilities, right? Then decide with what I said earlier.

-Dan

EDIT: MapQuest estimates that from my address to 701 Cicero Rd., it would take 1 hour, 57 minutes to drive. That's probably about as far as I could feasibly convince my dad to go. I didn't check for the other park.
I can drive people from the fort also it'd be a little more convienent.... if I have a date I can try to take off. (hopefully I won't have summer classes at the time either)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:43 pm

When we set a date, I say set it for a weekend. Only because I want Ho to join us!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:30 pm

Pheadra wrote:I want Ho to join us!
Awww....

*feels loved*

I'd love to hang with y'all. I can do during the week in the evenings, but I like the weekend idea best. I already stated my preference for daylight--especially if we're doing this in a park.

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:22 pm

Oh and far as the voting thing. I am quite literally the midpoint of both locations so either one is fine for me. I'll probably have Ruin God in tow with me, so I have room for 3 more, but I must warn you my backseat is not that spacious...Hurray for coupes!
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:20 am

Yes, weekend please. The only reason I can see not to schedule it for a weekend is so that we won't be conflicting with tournaments... and there are few enough planned at this point that it shouldn't be an issue.

Incidentally, I have no preference as to location, at least not until I know when it'll be held; my travel and work plans are... entertaining for the next month or so.

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:34 am

Hell, I'll go to Hummel, once more detail is given.

And I happen to be a BIG fan of Volleyball.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.