Post a compromising picture of another player!

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun May 14, 2006 10:50 pm

Green Tea wrote:
Ho wrote:BUMP!

I demand to see the chair pictures! Now...if not sooner!
Ugh, I just got back from camping and I was hoping that this thread would disappear
Ditto. Oh, what tangled webs we weave when first we make joking remarks in the "Photographs" thread. :P

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Mon May 15, 2006 12:06 am

A picture of Intermezzo, The X, and Frazzle Dazzle.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 am

A little bit of Northern California "back in the day"

This was the first DDR tournament in San Francisco, CA (August 2000)... I'm the one at the bottom with the hat/big glasses/braces laying down. Yeah, I was a tomboy... in front of me is the famed dj 8-ball. Ask if you recognize anyone. =D

J Dogg (Jason Ko) of DDR Freak. He loves this pic. And so do I. =P

Me in 2000 at Santa Cruz, CA... you can tell it's hella old because of the DDR 1st mix. Hahaha... I miss those days.

Anyway... I don't have a lot of recent pics, so... eh! =]

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon May 15, 2006 6:22 am

Was that Metreon? If so, that's actually where I first played DDR. In like, 2001.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 10:18 am

the gattchoon wrote:Image
This was the first DDR tournament in San Francisco, CA (August 2000)...
So many asians! ;) I've lived in Indiana all my life, so it's still striking for me to see a picture like that. Similar effect to times I've visted places like Cali, Hawaii, and Singapore to see such things in person.

This reminds me of a funny local experience though...

Lissa and I were at Wal-Mart and I leaned over to her to say, "We're taking over!" She was like, "What do you mean?" I said, "I just saw three asians in the Noblesville Wal-Mart...and they WEREN'T me!" :lol:
the gattchoon wrote:Image
Me in 2000 at Santa Cruz, CA... you can tell it's hella old because of the DDR 1st mix. Hahaha... I miss those days.
I can certainly understand longing for the early days. Your old-school DDR experiences practically make me feel like a noob even though I am among the earliest of the veterans in this area. We had a 1st Mix here way back in 2000, but the summer of 2001 was the big boom around here when 3rd Mix machines seemed to pop up every time you turned around.

I like to think of that as the Golden Age of IndyDDR. That's not to say that I don't appreciate today's newer players, but back then everything was so new and fresh and everyone actually knew each other personally and saw each other regularly.

These days we've lost touch with many of the older players who have spread out across the state and even around the world. And while this site has given us the reach to expand this community, many of the people in it now have never actually met each other in real life.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Mon May 15, 2006 1:38 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Was that Metreon? If so, that's actually where I first played DDR. In like, 2001.
Yes!! That was the Metreon... oh that expensive place!! But I loved going there every once in a while. I miss the city! I barely EVER see the highway/freeway here in Indiana, because there's really no need... I used to see it everyday in California. Hahaha... oh I love the simple life, though. (Simple excluding the college part of it.) =P
Ho wrote:These days we've lost touch with many of the older players who have spread out across the state and even around the world. And while this site has given us the reach to expand this community, many of the people in it now have never actually met each other in real life.
Exactly!! That's why I kind of like IndyDDR more than DDR Freak community-wise now. When DDR Freak was just "ddrfreak.n3.net" on the UC Berkeley server, and had these funny green BBSes, it was great, because there were like 20-30 people who all knew each other, met each other... and I used to hold get-togethers at my house for everyone on DDR Freak at that time every other month or so that would last all day, plus some extra morning hours. I loved it! But then, of course, everyone knew about so-and-so dating so-and-so and him having a crush on her and vice versa in the group. Drama!!! Hahaha, but, nevertheless, they were the good ol' days. =P

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 2:29 pm

Yeah, IndyDDR has obviously grown quite a bit since the early days. We've had hundreds of people join up over the years, but we seem to only keep a subset of active people at any one time. I've been very happy that, overall, IndyDDR has been able to retain its friendly and personable character even as it has expanded across the anonymity of the internet.

While I admire what DDR Freak has become, it has gotten so big that people can tend to get lost in the shuffle. I think there are some advantages to staying somewhat small. I've really enjoyed being part of a relatively tight-knit group...even if only virtually.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon May 15, 2006 4:48 pm

blackcat24 wrote:A picture of Intermezzo, The X, and Frazzle Dazzle.

Oh-HO! So now we have a picture of Intermezzo, even though she said she never shows her picture to anyone.

Now.........................it's time for an Arka picture! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Kevin's incredibly sexy chair pictures, once again, you'll have to wait until I have my laptop and remember to post them. XD
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon May 15, 2006 8:44 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:As for Kevin's incredibly sexy chair pictures, once again, you'll have to wait until I have my laptop and remember to post them. XD
You are such a tease!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 16, 2006 4:45 am

Ho wrote:
the gattchoon wrote:[img]
This was the first DDR tournament in San Francisco, CA (August 2000)...
So many asians! ;) I've lived in Indiana all my life, so it's still striking for me to see a picture like that. Similar effect to times I've visted places like Cali, Hawaii, and Singapore to see such things in person.
Now, you and I both know the *real* reason that picture's so Asian - white guys can't dance. (Or is that jump?)

Just kidding... please don't hurt me! <flees>
Ho wrote: I can certainly understand longing for the early days. Your old-school DDR experiences practically make me feel like a noob even though I am among the earliest of the veterans in this area. We had a 1st Mix here way back in 2000, but the summer of 2001 was the big boom around here when 3rd Mix machines seemed to pop up every time you turned around.

I like to think of that as the Golden Age of IndyDDR. That's not to say that I don't appreciate today's newer players, but back then everything was so new and fresh and everyone actually knew each other personally and saw each other regularly.

These days we've lost touch with many of the older players who have spread out across the state and even around the world. And while this site has given us the reach to expand this community, many of the people in it now have never actually met each other in real life.
I can empathise with this... which is paradoxical, since I didn't start playing until 2003. But reading through the old Yahoo! group recently was an interesting and edifying experience, and it certainly had a very different feel than the current forum.

That whole "not having met each other in real life" thing can be fixed, though. Road trip! :twisted: My car can hold 3 others comfortably, and I'm flexible about pickup locations. :D

Oh, and:
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Oh-HO!
Sure, sure, blame it all on Brian.
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:So now we have a picture of Intermezzo, even though she said she never shows her picture to anyone.
Uh, well, we have a picture of her *back.* I'd like to see her lovely *face,* but maybe I'm the only one with that weird face recognition thing going on.
Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:Now.........................it's time for an Arka picture! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh? Why do you want MY picture?

Oh well, good luck with that. Of the people on this forum I can confidently say that not a one has such a picture (aside from myself). :wink:

Smiley-in-disguise! :arrow: 8)

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Tue May 16, 2006 9:41 am

keke if Arka posts her picture...all the Casey supporters will go searching after her to napalm her house.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Tue May 16, 2006 1:09 pm

blackcat24 wrote:keke if Arka posts her picture...all the Casey supporters will go searching after her to napalm her house.
nah most of them can't drive *hides*
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Tue May 16, 2006 2:25 pm

You suck, blackcat. :( That's a terrible picture, anyway, since uh..I was playing on Hidden Shuffle and was probably stumbling around like a retard. :o What the hell is my shirt doing? Those are the weirdest creases I've ever seen.

I don't think anyone has a picture of my face, anyway.

ps I didn't give her that picture, she took it herself. D:

Frazzle Dazzle
Standard
Standard

Post by Frazzle Dazzle » Tue May 16, 2006 2:27 pm

Intermezzo wrote:You suck, blackcat. :( That's a terrible picture, anyway, since uh..I was playing on Hidden Shuffle and was probably stumbling around like a retard. :o What the hell is my shirt doing? Those are the weirdest creases I've ever seen.

And it just had to have me drinking soda with my hand on my hip. :(

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue May 16, 2006 2:38 pm

Intermezzo wrote:You suck, blackcat. :( That's a terrible picture, anyway, since uh..I was playing on Hidden Shuffle and was probably stumbling around like a retard. :o What the hell is my shirt doing? Those are the weirdest creases I've ever seen.

LOL. Be nice! (To Katy *and* yourself.)

Yeah, I figured she took it herself. Curse those camera-happy outgoing types!

Considering that only two or three people on this forum see me frequently, though, I think the camera-happy outgoing types will be disappointed in their ability to photograph me. No, that's not a challenge, though anyone's certainly welcome to take it as such if they promise to make the results sufficiently comical. :wink:

Edit:
Green Tea wrote:
blackcat24 wrote:keke if Arka posts her picture...all the Casey supporters will go searching after her to napalm her house.
nah most of them can't drive *hides*
ROTFL. Maybe I should post a picture just so I have some entertainment around here.