Musicians Corner

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Intermezzo
Standard
Standard

Post by Intermezzo » Fri May 05, 2006 2:15 pm

I've been singing in various choirs since 2nd grade and just started learning piano at the beginning of January. Nothing amazing here. D:

I wish my parents would have been the typical mom and dad and forced me into playing piano like all the other little kids. Wah.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Fri May 05, 2006 6:10 pm

Intermezzo wrote:I've been singing in various choirs since 2nd grade and just started learning piano at the beginning of January. Nothing amazing here. D:

I wish my parents would have been the typical mom and dad and forced me into playing piano like all the other little kids. Wah.
My kids will play piano... they don't have a choice. Although singing isn't bad either
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Sat May 06, 2006 12:55 pm

the harder kick sound. My bass has a muffle pillow in it and a 4" circular hole in the front and that's where the mic is.

The deep hit kind of sounds to heavy for my type of music. I'm starting to think that it's the amp.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat May 06, 2006 1:30 pm

IxI I skate IxI wrote:the harder kick sound. My bass has a muffle pillow in it and a 4" circular hole in the front and that's where the mic is.

The deep hit kind of sounds to heavy for my type of music. I'm starting to think that it's the amp.
You should get a triple bass pedal and reinforce your snares...you know, for all the death metal blastbeats you play...

AMIRITE?

RITE?!?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sat May 06, 2006 5:25 pm

that thar's a big china
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat May 06, 2006 5:43 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:that thar's a big china
His kit is so tight. It's teeny snares but huge cymbals.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat May 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Green Tea wrote: My kids will play piano... they don't have a choice. Although singing isn't bad either
You should at least give them a choice of instrument. I agree they should attempt to learn something, as it helps mature the mind, but forcing them into a single thing is typically a bad thing. Your children will likely be different than you, and living through them with your own interests can impede their own progress.

As for the mic, check the levels. Depending on the mic and the amp, the mic could be too close to the drum and picking up too much sound for it to handle, which could explain the static. Try moving it around and tweaking with the input levels to see if you can adjust it.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sat May 06, 2006 9:16 pm

quit fucking around with generalizations. get a meter and find out what's lacking in your drum in relation to mic placement and fix the placement.

you won't regret the purchase of a meter, it has so many uses it's not even funny.

search radioshack.com for 33-2055..cheap & decent spl meter
insert code compile execute return

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat May 06, 2006 9:44 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Image

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat May 06, 2006 10:12 pm

I am totally siding with sam. Im gettign a radio shack spl meter to calibrate everything for my home theater. Frrequency response, channel levels, crossover points etcetcwiener there the most all around thing for audio almost
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Thu May 11, 2006 7:06 am

Well, that's interesting. I figured out what was the problem through stupidly experimenting with things.

Bass drum hole was too small.
I made it bigger.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Thu May 11, 2006 8:44 am

Original Sin wrote:
Green Tea wrote: My kids will play piano... they don't have a choice. Although singing isn't bad either
You should at least give them a choice of instrument. I agree they should attempt to learn something, as it helps mature the mind, but forcing them into a single thing is typically a bad thing. Your children will likely be different than you, and living through them with your own interests can impede their own progress.
They will play piano... they will play football, and they will wear a suit everywhere we go. I will make them drink water with a lemon squeezed in it and they will speak with a british accent. My children will be perfect!

(actually I know and I'm fine with my kids learning anything, although I would like them to play piano, I can't force them.)
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sun May 14, 2006 11:53 pm

I play violin (have been for about 9 years now) and was in the Notre Dame Symphony Orchestra this past semester (we went to NYC/Carnegie Hall for spring break which was awesome). I also played piano for 2-3 years, and took a semester worth of lessons this past year. I totally suck at that now, but I'm actually majoring in music and want to be a music teacher (high school orchestra, preferably). I used to teach private beginning violin lessons when I was in California... so if anyone near by wants to give it a try, give me a shout. ^_~

Ah, I love music. And Joshua Bell. =)

IxI I skate IxI
Standard
Standard

Post by IxI I skate IxI » Mon May 15, 2006 7:34 am

wow. I love you people.

I love halo 2.

http://www.myspace.com/damnimfast

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:12 pm

I'm a 35 btw...soon to be a 36, all legit, of course.

-Dan