Video Thread: Hilarious MLG videos only

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Video Thread - New Rule: No more vlogs.

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 2:32 pm

A part of me wishes that we could go back to the day where we would all just post mundane details about our lives and post funny .gifs. I kind of liked it when we talked about what we had to lunch and what we were going to do when we got home from work.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Here is a really good post I made that is still relevant today:
You know Potter you bring up a good point. I like a lot of weird quirky sub-cultures but in general I absolutely hate the other people that enjoy the sub-culture as well. I can often say "I would love [insert gay little niche activity here] if it weren't for the fucking fans." I tell myself that a lot of these people are just transient fans who like what I like just to be hip before they move on to the next flavor of the month and I'm usually right. The shit of it is though that transient fans tend to have a high turnover rate so the attention-seeking neckbeard that moves on from my precious niche gets replaced by another oddball pedophile looking to fit in somewhere.

DDR is actually a great example of this! How many times have you seen some anime loving fuck flub about on some song - not really trying to get better - who then yaps on about pocky and Rurori Kenshin in between sets to people who obviously couldn't give any less of a shit? They like the game because it's from Japan (just like anime!) and it satisfies their unending thirst to be as different as possible from the mainstream. They play not because they genuinely really like the game or because it could be considered exercise or whatever - but rather because lololol it's Japan!

Yeah I take my videogames seriously and I have a bug up my butt about it. Does anyone remember that Dancing Queen IU guy from Bloomington that posted here like 6 years ago? He is literally the epitome of people who play DDR who I despise. Motherfucker gave me some huge tirade about voting during the 2004 election in-between a set once and if I wasn't full of impotent white rage at the time I probably would've given him a verbal backhand. Bro I'm here to stomp some arrows and get laughed at by fratties at the IMU, not to hear about how Democrats are some selfless entity that aren't just in it for the power who are going to solve all our problems. If you knew the slightest shit about politics you would know that Monroe county is the proverbial blue bastion of Indiana and trying to get people to vote Democrat in Bloomington is like trying to get a retard to grab someone's balls - they're going to do it as if their life depended on it. Obviously being the fat fuck that he was he quit playing 6 months later but god damn that was a bitch of a 6 months.

Let's talk about sub-cultures we enjoy and the people that ruin them.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Bronies have made some neat high-quality fan content just like the Touhou community.
And just like the Touhou community every other "member" of the fandom is a complete idiot.
Actually, it's worse than Touhou. They're not just annoying, but they pretend they're some sort of moral bastion because they watched some show about friendship. I can't believe these manbabies are treating the concepts presented in the show as if they're new. If they've been around other people before they'd just know it's a fun little, quirky show with great animation and some actually well executed humor; not the third coming of Jesus Christ in the form of a children's cartoon.
Anyone who lets a fandom be a defining feature of their life, personality, or appearance needs some sort of flag so people can simply avoid them. Actually, I think flags should actually be a fashion trend. Print various popular characters (ie Sonic the Hedgehog) on flags so you can know which people to avoid before wasting your time.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

What do you guys think... avoid?
What a good joke.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 4:20 pm

I don't know what that thing is but I always assumed it was a Pokemon.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Merk wrote:I don't know what that thing is but I always assumed it was a Pokemon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma

Don't be a baka.

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Wed May 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Merk wrote:I don't know what that thing is but I always assumed it was a Pokemon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachikoma

Don't be a baka.
Bulbasaurtachikoma? Kawaii11!!

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 23, 2012 6:17 pm

I've actually never watched Ghost in the Shell.
My avatar selection process here was picking random images from my image folder until it wasn't too awful ridiculous. I don't really have a foundation or presence here that could pick an avatar for good representation so I just picked random.
I believe I saved the image from a Pokemon thread on /v/ (before /vp/) where someone was dumping Pokemon-mechs and some of them looked creative enough to save.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Since I cannot put a face with your username I always assume that you're a mecha-Pokemon. If you were to ever change your avatar I would have no idea what to do.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Behold.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 23, 2012 6:40 pm

haahha that's pretty clever and cute.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

it didn't change for me ! what is it?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Potter wrote:it didn't change for me ! what is it?
It is now sporting a rather dapper mustache.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 pm

oh wow, my attention to detail here is horrible
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 24, 2012 11:37 am

Youse a Boo Radley lookin' muthafucka