[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote: I have to get mine taken out soon, most likely, and I've pondered the two. Everyone says "take the anesthetic," but I hate needles/shots. At this point, I'm opting towards the knockout gas.
My friend's dad summed it up quite nicely, I think:
"The difference between anesthesia and euthanasia is the anesthesiologist."

Just, you know, some food for thought.

Why are people so afraid of needles? It took me 18 minutes to get a proper blood donation out of me, involved poking both arms because the lady missed my vein once. Had to readjust it multiple times but I'm still not afraid of needles. Fun stuff, eh?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:35 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote: I have to get mine taken out soon, most likely, and I've pondered the two. Everyone says "take the anesthetic," but I hate needles/shots. At this point, I'm opting towards the knockout gas.
My friend's dad summed it up quite nicely, I think:
"The difference between anesthesia and euthanasia is the anesthesiologist."

Just, you know, some food for thought.

Why are people so afraid of being stabbed? It took me 18 minutes to get a proper blood donation out of me, involved poking both arms because the lady missed my vein once. Had to readjust it multiple times but I'm still not afraid of needles. Fun stuff, eh?
I can't imagine.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:44 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:but I'm still not afraid of needles. Fun stuff, eh?

Ever have a spinal tap?
http://www.csen.com/Eldor-Quincke.jpg

It's definitely not fun.

I'm not a afraid of needles either but oh god that sucked. I still get backaches from it. And they even numb you up with novacaine beforehand.

Anyway, wisdom teeth...take the needle. Gas doesn't numb it as well. I was lucky enough mine had all come in like regular teeth but they were "crowding my mouth" according to the dentist...they only had to be yanked out, no cutting.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:40 pm

OrangeLounger wrote: I was lucky enough mine had all come in like regular teeth but they were "crowding my mouth" according to the dentist...they only had to be yanked out, no cutting.
Same here.
This is Spinal Tap.
(this pic needs some recognizable object for comparison)

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:46 pm

Government-induced universal health care is a terrible idea on so many levels. Any candidate in either party that supports this is apparently retarded.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm

ShammerS wrote:Government-induced universal health care is a terrible idea on so many levels. Any candidate in either party that supports this is apparently retarded.
Honestly.

People see "universal healthcare for all" and say, "That's a great idea, everyone deserves to be healthy and have the same opportunities!"

But they don't know how socialized medicine programs function. You pay into the system regardless of whether or not you want to use the government subsidized programs (sound familiar social security, medicare?).

Even if I wanted to go to a general practitioner (socialized medicine would make many doctors government employees), I'd have to pay the taxes to support the program in ADDITION to my general practitioner costs.

I have to support cigarette smokers and alcoholics getting healthcare? Screw. That.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:23 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Anyway, wisdom teeth...take the needle. Gas doesn't numb it as well. I was lucky enough mine had all come in like regular teeth but they were "crowding my mouth" according to the dentist...they only had to be yanked out, no cutting.
I thought the gas knocked you out, like making you sleep for a couple hours. Then you woke up, having not felt anything during the operation. Given, there's maybe a little pain in the mouth afterwards, but I thought that's what the gas did.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:33 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:Anyway, wisdom teeth...take the needle. Gas doesn't numb it as well. I was lucky enough mine had all come in like regular teeth but they were "crowding my mouth" according to the dentist...they only had to be yanked out, no cutting.
I thought the gas knocked you out, like making you sleep for a couple hours. Then you woke up, having not felt anything during the operation. Given, there's maybe a little pain in the mouth afterwards, but I thought that's what the gas did.
That's general anesthesia. You need help to maintain your airway (thus the little oxygen masks you see on television). This would be quite stupid during a dental operation, for obvious reasons. This you would probably use with open heart surgery, if that makes sense.
You won't get the kind of TV anesthesia, but probably a more moderate sedation where you can respond to verbal commands and some sort of tactile movement.

Anesthesia in general is really dangerous. Ingesting gas in your body that has sedative effects to the point of stopping your capacity to breathe, not a healthy idea. But used properly, helps a lot.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:07 am

Anybody who lies about the needle to a person over 13 fails at life, simple as that.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:55 am

danc1005 wrote:(this pic needs some recognizable object for comparison)

lol it's actually only 3.5 inches but it feels like they're shoving a lead pipe into your spine.

best part is when they graze a nerve and it sends an impulse down to your balls

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:00 am

SoDeepPolaris wrote: I have to support cigarette smokers and alcoholics getting healthcare? Screw. That.
As a smoker, I already have to pay taxes going towards health care on every fucking pack I buy. Yeah, god bless America and all that shit. Fuckers.

And you know universal healthcare isn't going to fly. There are too many lobbyists, and the drug corporations are worth far too much money to ever let that happen. Candidates are just talking about it to get elected.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:21 pm

People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:09 am

Original Sin wrote:
SoDeepPolaris wrote: I have to support cigarette smokers and alcoholics getting healthcare? Screw. That.
As a smoker, I already have to pay taxes going towards health care on every fucking pack I buy. Yeah, god bless America and all that shit. Fuckers.
That's not my point, though. I'm sure you know what I said but let me clarify.

One of the many reasons I don't support socialized medicine, is I do not believe I should have to pay taxes that go towards subsidizing medicine for people who make poor health choices to begin with.

Taxes going towards a cancer treatment for a "drug-free, nonalcoholic, smoke-free, good diet and exercise" old man who just happened to get unlucky is much more acceptable than money going to a chain smoker who gets lung cancer.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:21 am

Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:17 am

Cobalt Flux or Blueshark?

Is the CF completely flat? I don't want a pad that feels anything like an Afterburner. (the panels were squishy)
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig