Sick and Tired

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 pm

If Ho felt particularly saucey he could make an IRC link right up there with the FAQ/Search/Memberlist etc etc links

IndyDDIRC lulz

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Fuck chat rooms, everyone go to a bar. Compromises are much easier to reach when the alcohol be a flowin!

...granted, you might not remember them in the morning.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:38 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:If Ho felt particularly saucey he could make an IRC link right up there with the FAQ/Search/Memberlist etc etc links

IndyDDIRC lulz
We tried it a few years ago. Nobody was interested. It was me and maybe two other people idling for hours on end.

Also, this whole thread has an overarching theme. You guessed it.

Butthurt

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 pm

I don't think you guys are getting it

not an all the time thing

like one day at a particular time anyone who cares be there.

and if you didnt show up you can't gripe about what things get resolved and what doesn't

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:50 pm

Maybe nobody showed up because it's drama on an internet board, and we all act differently in real life to some extent and we realize when we see eachother IRL everything that goes on here is just goofiness. So people don't feel like making something that really isn't that serious into some Dr. Phil session.

The solution is:

The cake is a lie.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Then why even have these boards, why post some big long post about OMG people are mean to me and I am going to leave crap. Fine everyone wants to be like this.

Katy suck it the hell up it was one Boo.

Riot your posts are as useless as joe's and everyone else's go have what is it you people call it "butt sechs" and stop posting useless shit.

Moral of this story. Don't include my name is some pathetic useless post about how the boards are so mean to you because you got a boo and expect me not to get pissed about it.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 pm

THIS GIRL IS RAGED

And p.s. my posts aren't useless, I just don't devote much serious effort into most of this stuff because like I said, everything here is usually light hearted and not SERIOUS MODE. And as for me never having anything intellectual to say, well, I guess all these professors grading my 15 page essays are having mental buttsechs or something.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Then why even have these boards, why post some big long post about OMG people are mean to me and I am going to leave crap. Fine everyone wants to be like this.

Katy suck it the hell up it was one Boo.

Riot your posts are as useless as joe's and everyone else's go have what is it you people call it "butt sechs" and stop posting useless shit.

Moral of this story. Don't include my name is some pathetic useless post about how the boards are so mean to you because you got a boo and expect me not to get pissed about it.
Image isn't IndyDDR. Just as an example. I've never met CBav, but I'm going to call him an emo bitch. Will he care? I doubt it. I don't even know him. He might rate my post a 'Boo'. He might even make fun of me.

Butthurt

Easily offended when one takes something too personally.

This thread is FOREVER butthurt. Do we really need this garbage drama right before DDR-A-Thon? Everyone should just come to Bloomington, play fun games, sing songs, hang out, and give paper-paper to the children who really do have something to whine about.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Uh oh, Jizzon is browsing Conversation Cornucopia!

Lock in 3

It was a good thread while it lasted! We got some stuff accomplished, posted some owl pictures, and called cbav an emo bitch! Great success!

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 pm

I like the idea of meeting up in person. Hell, if I can get a ride back to town afterward, I'm all for some partying Saturday after the DAT6. Bad blood sucks, yah? Well Kat, you're welcome back if ever you feel like it. If it would be of any relief, you can use me as a form of catharsis. If anyone wants to bring pie pans and whipped cream, I'm down for a "pie-a-mod" moment :wink: Just bring paper towels or wet-naps! This, sadly, is dependent on how long I can be there on Saturday, and if the powers-that-be are okay with this.

As for everything else...well, two things, really.

1. Why is it that everyone forgets how to PM when it would make the most sense? It's a great way to not have threads and boards break down Springer-style.

2. The post ratings system is worthless. They don't really count towards anything except headaches. Way too many cliques, should-be PMs, and so forth inflating or deflating...what, again? Egos or something.

Kat's said her peace, so that's it for this thread.

EDIT: :P
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.