What song are you listening to right now?

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:19 am

danc1005 wrote: It takes just as much skill to play Halo professionally as any other video game.
I rofl'd.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:00 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: Thanks for not reading the post, I made it pretty clear that it wasn't random bashing, I hate halo because it's a slow, simplistic, and overall not-fun game besides just a casual game every now and then, yet people have elevated it to the status of perfection such as pac-man, sonic, and mario are.
oh thats right cuz your opinion is fact huh? my point was that you get all riled up when someone disagrees with your opinion on things like music and video games. hence random bashing.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:19 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:I would love to see even 5% of "professional" Halo players have enough skill to pass Bloodrush doubles on ITG.
You make it sound like people are born with skill at certain games. All games take practice. Also, I consider myself better at DDR/ITG than I do at Halo, yet I've played a lot more Halo than any dancing game.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote: Thanks for not reading the post, I made it pretty clear that it wasn't random bashing, I hate halo because it's a slow, simplistic, and overall not-fun game besides just a casual game every now and then, yet people have elevated it to the status of perfection such as pac-man, sonic, and mario are.
oh thats right cuz your opinion is fact huh? my point was that you get all riled up when someone disagrees with your opinion on things like music and video games. hence random bashing.
But he says he's not elitist so he must not be!

:P

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:43 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:*a lot of fucking bitching*
OMG Something is popular, there for you hate it, you seriously remind me of I am not sure if it penny arcade or vgcats where someone is playing a game and the screen says gameover so the guy say "I am bad at this game there fore it sucks".
danc1005 wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote:I would love to see even 5% of "professional" Halo players have enough skill to pass Bloodrush doubles on ITG.
You make it sound like people are born with skill at certain games. All games take practice. Also, I consider myself better at DDR/ITG than I do at Halo, yet I've played a lot more Halo than any dancing game.
Just like Halo I was excellent at it (like riot on CS) after a week of owning it, yet I have been playing PIU at least once a day (most of the time it is more like 5-6 times in a day, but somedays, I only get to squease one game in) for the past year and a half, and I have never won 1 round in a tourney yet.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic of music, cause that is what this thread is supposed to be about, what song you are listening to.

I picked up the OST for IIDX14 Gold, and now I am listening to Snow Storm by DJ TAKA

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:57 pm

currently listening to:
justin timberlake - halo theme remix feat. linkin park
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:30 pm

danc1005 wrote: You make it sound like people are born with skill at certain games. All games take practice. Also, I consider myself better at DDR/ITG than I do at Halo, yet I've played a lot more Halo than any dancing game.
I said i wasn't going to respond, but this post makes no sense, and doesn't help your point at all.

People are born with skill at certain things. I personally knew a friend who passed Max 300 heavy in 1 week of playing DDR with an AA, no bar, on pad, and he plays no musical instruments nor has never played a bemani game ever.

I also know a girl who's played DDR for five years now and can't pass boom boom dollar heavy.

People do have talents.
BigBadOrc wrote: oh thats right cuz your opinion is fact huh? my point was that you get all riled up when someone disagrees with your opinion on things like music and video games. hence random bashing.
I said my opinion was fact? No, I get "riled up" when people present rebuttals that have no factual or logical validity to them.

Prove me wrong with some facts that directly counter my points and then i'll listen. I'm not saying you're an idiot for listening to Justin Timberlake or Linkin Park or whatever, i'm just saying, the whole mentality of "This is popular so therefore it must be good" is idiocy.
lgolem wrote: OMG Something is popular, there for you hate it, you seriously remind me of I am not sure if it penny arcade or vgcats where someone is playing a game and the screen says gameover so the guy say "I am bad at this game there fore it sucks".
I hope you don't actually think I would hate a game because I can't beat it, because I just made a post like a day ago saying that people need to challenge themselves more.

Which is of course why I listen to KT Tunstall, Aphex Twin, Beastie Boys, Paul Oakenfold, and the Beatles, arguably the most popular band of all time.

It's also why I play Counterstrike Source and Half Life 2 Death match, along with DDR, Capcom Vs SNK 2, and Fast and the Furious (arcade), all popular, mainstream games.

Really, read a post in-depth/research who you're talking about before you make rebuttals. I said all of this in other posts in this thread and/or this forum.

I want to stop replying but it's just like wow, some of these counter points... and for a note too, even though i'm like this on a forum, as the KYDDR people discovered, and as some of you probably know, i'm no where near this attacking in real life, and i don't take 99% of this serious, so don't get butthurt.

I promise though, regardless of whatever post is after this, this is my last post off-topic, period, no matter how stupid the rebuttal from someone, i'm just going to ignore it.

Listening to;

AAA - Strapping Young Lad

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 pm

A few highly opinionated people wrote: ...a lot of things that have nothing to do with this thread.
Okay, you all have your points, and you've said you're done commenting on the issue. Skipper. Anything else that doesn't involve what song you're listening to, or discussing something very directly related to said song, will be purged. If it persists, the thread's over.

Of course, Potter, Riot, or someone will likely post something brief following this, but hey...it's IndyDDR.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:06 am

jizzon - post #1710
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:38 am

WhiteDragon wrote:Foo Fighters - The Pretender

Definitely looking forwards to this album! :)
Me too. I'm a big FF fan.

Also, I've been listening to:

-"Nottingham Lace," by Buckethead.
-"Snow (Hey Oh)," by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
-"Learn to Fly," by the Foo Fighters.
-"Far Cry," by Rush.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Jeff Jeff Revolution wrote:
WhiteDragon wrote:Foo Fighters - The Pretender

Definitely looking forwards to this album! :)
Me too. I'm a big FF fan.
same

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:03 am

Rod Stewart - Young Turks

the melody in the chorus is brilliant
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:57 pm

lol, oldddddd

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:28 am

its rod stewart

I think oldness comes packaged with it

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:30 pm

Something you didn't know about, never mind.

Clark - Hot Bath Rinse