The idea for a big get together

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:50 pm

Potter wrote:i asked him that a while ago and he said no way
To elaborate, I'm not in the habit of issuing open invitations to my house to complete (IRL) strangers.

That said, if you make an effort to get to know me, you might find yourself invited sometime because I actually do enjoy having people over.

Ottop
Standard
Standard

Post by Ottop » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Sorry, didn't mean for people to actually takw your house seriously. :O

NO PARTY AT THE HO RESIDENCE! K? K.

-Eli-
I love everyone and all... but fuck off.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:49 pm

No apology is necessary. I wasn't really taking you completely seriously with your previous statement. I was just letting people know that I do prefer to personally invite people and not just "open up the doors." And if you were actually interested in getting an invite, getting to know me is generally a good first step. :)

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:37 pm

Ho wrote:No apology is necessary. I wasn't really taking you completely seriously with your previous statement. I was just letting people know that I do prefer to personally invite people and not just "open up the doors." And if you were actually interested in getting an invite, getting to know me is generally a good first step. :)
Which reminds me, if I had more gas in my tank me and Big Joe were gonna head up to your house the other day.

And if you want to have a gathering then meet at some park like we did on those "Anti-Westside Nights"
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:53 am

I want to go to Ho's place =(

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:12 pm

For those that don't remember/didn't come/weren't here at the time...

We had an "Anti-Westside" night, where everyone went to Hinkle Park (I think) out in Avon and had a cookout, played ultimate frisbee, volleyball... all sorts of fun stuff. We also had a houseparty at JoeSB's house at one point... but I don't see something like that happening again with the current crowd. Someone would just get jacked in the face.

So, someone propose something like a cookout and I might even show up. It's doable, it's been done... it was actually very, very successful.

We don't need resturants nearby if we make our own food, we don't need a fucking dance machine around to hang out. You know... get together... outside... sun?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:16 pm

yea thats what ive been saying, a cookout would do, But retard arka had to come along and be liek HRRRUHUURR ELTS HAVE A DDR PARTAAY! YAA! WE CAN HVE ACTIVITIEs! stfu please
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Spazz
Standard
Standard

Post by Spazz » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:20 pm

Potter wrote:yea thats what ive been saying, a cookout would do, But retard arka had to come along and be liek HRRRUHUURR ELTS HAVE A DDR PARTAAY! YAA! WE CAN HVE ACTIVITIEs! stfu please
I noticed... that's why I stepped in.

It kinda sucks that Arka seems to have figured out how to fix her computer from last time.

Rusty Shackleford
Standard
Standard

Post by Rusty Shackleford » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:36 pm

Ho wrote:
Potter wrote:i asked him that a while ago and he said no way
To elaborate, I'm not in the habit of issuing open invitations to my house to complete (IRL) strangers.

That said, if you make an effort to get to know me, you might find yourself invited sometime because I actually do enjoy having people over.

hrmm I've never slepted in a ho house although I did come close to it last time, until I realized i was like two inches away from the ddr cabinet. :P

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:36 am

While offline, I had the chance to do some research (the old-fashioned way, without Google!) and I was reminded of Forest Park, which is a pretty expansive locale (houses the Indiana Transportation museum and facilities for volleyball, swimming, golf, etc., though no good hiking that I saw) and plays host to a number of corporate gatherings. Their website is here. I think since we're really just a ragtag group of private individuals we wouldn't have to pay for entry; however, if we want to reserve a shelter the prices are here for those who wish not to navigate the rest of the site.

If the vocal people represent the rest of the group, no one expects any DDR cravings, so the fact that it's in Noblesville wouldn't be a problem. In fact, to some of us <cough>Brian</cough> it'd be a downright perk.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:14 am

ORv we could just go to hinkle park or some other free park where we dont have to mess wit hthat stuff, like weve already said
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:21 am

Did you miss something? Forest Park is a free park to my knowledge. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but...) The prices I linked to related to reserving shelters. I have no particular attachment to the idea, but I know enough people who refuse to attend any event without SPF 60 and mystical voodoo anti-sun charms [/slight exaggeration] that I thought I'd mention it.

Since you seem to be advocating Hinkle Park, can you please provide some information about it for those of us who are unacquainted? The only Hinkle Park Google spits out for me is in New Mexico, and as much as I enjoy road trips... no. Just no.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:08 pm

the park we started at was a park in avon by the baseball park and haunted bridge, but i forget what it's called. we eventually travelled to plainfield to hummel park.
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:28 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:the park we started at was a park in avon by the baseball park and haunted bridge, but i forget what it's called. we eventually travelled to plainfield to hummel park.
Haunted bridge?
*Intrigued*

-Dan

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:40 pm

lol i remember weh nit was dark out, me and chris crossed ti and the road after it looked liek it weent on foreever into darkness. i was lik ewtf