High School

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

yamcha61
Standard
Standard

High School

Post by yamcha61 » Fri May 27, 2005 10:01 am

I am officially done with high school now!!!! I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts to share on that subject, or if some one else is goin threw the same thing.
What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

x5060
Standard
Standard

Post by x5060 » Fri May 27, 2005 10:33 am

it only gets harder.
Bring me all the bagel and muffins in the land, for tonight we drink from the keg of victory.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Fri May 27, 2005 11:39 am

*shrug* Who cares if it gets harder? At least it's something new...I've been in the same school district for thirteen years. I need the excitement, even if it's more difficult! ^_^

BTW, I'm done, too. It was really fast for all near 600 of us. We were all done in two hours. The longest part was finding my family afterwards!

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

moving on

Post by Green Tea » Fri May 27, 2005 12:53 pm

High school was great, college is 100x better... assuming you want to go to college. The hardest thing about graduating is when alot of your close friends are now spread out across the country (and sometimes world). But college is not as strict with it's little social cliques. I'm a nerd and I actually have normal friends too :D ! And if you want a good college: Purdue will accept you with open arms! ::end advertisement... where's my check::
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri May 27, 2005 2:00 pm

It only gets BETTER after high school Trust me on that one.

Unless you're one of those unfortunate 'popular' kids; if so, you've already peaked and life will be a big series of disappointments from here on out :lol:

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Fri May 27, 2005 2:25 pm

If you're going to college after highschool...welcome to being in debt, having to pay a shit load of money for some stupid book, and being broke.....

Oh and ummm dont party too much.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Fri May 27, 2005 3:29 pm

I'll be a junior in high school next year, but we don't get out of school until June 10th :cry: .

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Fri May 27, 2005 4:13 pm

malictus wrote:It only gets BETTER after high school Trust me on that one.

Unless you're one of those unfortunate 'popular' kids; if so, you've already peaked and life will be a big series of disappointments from here on out :lol:
While you may be joking about the unfortunate "popular" kids, I actually find it kind of true. I didn't like high school at all and most certainly wasn't a popular kid, but now I <3 college and enjoy having something relatively worse (high school) to compare it to.

I'm also with Green Tea on loving it at Purdue. I don't exactly have experience going to other colleges, but that's just because I like Purdue so much and don't want to leave it (hence why I'm staying on campus over the summer).

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Fri May 27, 2005 4:15 pm

This is going to sound kind of odd, but make sure that you keep up with your studies and such.

I'm a full time student and and employed part time. I find myself very busy, and I find that I actually accomplish a lot. But I don't feel as if I'm going anywhere in my life.

So make sure, after you graduate, that you hold onto your hobbies and keep up with your interests. Keeping a grasp on who you are is very, very important.

What Green Tea said is true as well. The friends you had in high school scatter the state and country. My best friend from high school only lives a couple cities south of where I live, but we never see each other or talk to each other anymore. It's like a whole new life began, the old falling away, the new growing from what used to be.

Congratulations, everybody, on graduating! The very best of wishes in reaching your future goals!
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Fri May 27, 2005 6:08 pm

Personally, I hated high school. Yeah, I liked seeing my friends, but I got sick of the social conformist, popularity contest bullshit. It made it worse that the school I went to concidered itself 'elite,' and tried to run itself like a private academy. Defenitely not someplace I fit in, so I had to fight the administration every step of the way towards graduation... :shock:

I'm glad high school is over. There's more pressure once you graduate, but personally, I feel I'm better off now. I can focus on what I want to do, not what class I have to take to make the school look good, so they don't expell me for no good reason.

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Fri May 27, 2005 6:29 pm

Pheadra wrote:If you're going to college after highschool...welcome to being in debt, having to pay a shit load of money for some stupid book, and being broke.....

Oh and ummm dont party too much.
I've had to deal with that shit for the last two years of high school too :(
DAMN ACADEMY!
lol

Yeah, I'm now done with highschool also.
But I'm a lot more prepared for college than most people, being as I lived in a dorm, went to college classes,... and payed for the fucking books lol. Being poor is no damn fun at all.

BSU blows btw, don't go there unless you want to get drunk all the time, cause that seems to be all they do.
*advice*

Def keep up with work
Do not party much, you'll regret it when you wake up hung over for a test (not from personal experience, but friends lol)
What they tell you about not playing games and shit, don't listen, It's vital to keep sanity. Just be responsible about it.

Oh yeah, and I GET TO GO TO IU! OH YAY!
lol, So easy to get in, and yet, I am dissapointed that I didn't have the work ethic to apply anywhere else.
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TylerHHS
Standard
Standard

Post by TylerHHS » Fri May 27, 2005 11:09 pm

My girlfriend's brother goes to BSU.

XxJennaxX
Standard
Standard

Post by XxJennaxX » Fri May 27, 2005 11:21 pm

I graduated tonight. :)
"I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

vtec@5400
Standard
Standard

Post by vtec@5400 » Fri May 27, 2005 11:32 pm

Graduated High school a few years ago. I worked for a year. Got laid off now I'm gonna be going through a year in automotive school. Then take EF 101 classes after I get out hopefully. Then hopefully more classes for more stuff for some odd reason. heh.. God I'm a loser.

Original Sin
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Original Sin » Sat May 28, 2005 12:04 am

I actually have a really good job, and didn't go to college at all.
They do exist, don't let the elitist suburbanites fool you, but if you're looking for a trade/labor job, be forewarned:
They're hard to find, and it's getting harder. They're still out there, but you might have to go through a job agency, or find someone who works there to get in the door.