[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by ShammerS » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:01 am

Assuming it’s not a fake listing, a machine popped up on Craigslist pretty close to where I live right now.

Brian pointed out that this is a Techno Motion cab. I came to realize I have no idea what the implications of that are as I’ve never seen TM, played it, or have any clue what the internals are. Any input is welcome, if only to open discussion with you folks I miss so dearly.

Wifey and I looking at returning to Indiana next Fall.😍

Annnyway the pads alone might be worth it as I go COVID stir-crazy.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/vgm/d/pl ... 55982.html

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am

No clue about internals but a lot of people end up converting it to a Stepmania cab and run thousands of custom songs anyways, not sure what you'd need to take into consideration if that ends up being your plan (I'm sure Brandon can elaborate with all the minimaid stuff, I'm sure there are equivalents for ITG/Techno Motion/other games).

I miss my machine a little bit but I'm considering just getting one of those really nice metal pads that Shannon bought recently and just playing off of a PC setup to not have to worry about replacing 30 year old Japanese arcade parts. And not have to figure out moving it from Florida to Indiana! Would be nice to have a familiar face back in the land of the rising corn!

Hope the baby is doing well and is finally sleeping =)

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:38 am

Riot wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:36 am
No clue about internals but a lot of people end up converting it to a Stepmania cab and run thousands of custom songs anyways, not sure what you'd need to take into consideration if that ends up being your plan (I'm sure Brandon can elaborate with all the minimaid stuff, I'm sure there are equivalents for ITG/Techno Motion/other games).

I miss my machine a little bit but I'm considering just getting one of those really nice metal pads that Shannon bought recently and just playing off of a PC setup to not have to worry about replacing 30 year old Japanese arcade parts. And not have to figure out moving it from Florida to Indiana! Would be nice to have a familiar face back in the land of the rising corn!

Hope the baby is doing well and is finally sleeping =)
what really nice metal pad? I wanna pick one up for pc stepmania too to de-fat but I looked at pads a while back and it seemed the cobalts died off and all that was left were shitty foam pads
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:42 am

nevermind found his facebook post: https://shop.steprevolution.com/collect ... generation

$1500 OOF

can I spend like 500 dollars on something that won't be incredible but will allow me 2 stomp 2 mein beat
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy